[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
mojoswagger1980

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

I was wondering if anyone knows of a mod/plugin that would allow me to save quick bar so they could be rotated through as need be ? i spend way too much time just sifting through the massive spell catalog i have, then i get it setup and it just applies to that given scenario and has to be be redone when its over. if there was a way to just save 1 additional fallback quick bar that would be great. this game has the biggest spell catalog .....maybe in the history of rpg's (not counting tabletop D&D obviously, video games )so rotating through them isnt really going to happen with precision though i guess they are aphabatized (hate this so much they should have been grouped) . is there a way to delete spells you have learned that you no longer use ? i think there is but cant remeber what combo of buttons it is pretty sure it was like ctrl+somthing and i may have got it but the list is so big i may not have been able to tell it did anything. maybe i should not have played 4 magic disciplines.
Muramasa66

Post by Muramasa66 »

pianobadger wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 17:16
Muramasa66 wrote: 29 Jun 2018, 00:28 /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.libopenmw.openmw/share/openmw/saves
I moved the save to that folder, but the app still didn't recognize my save. I don't know whether OpenMW saves are different at all or if I need to edit the config file to tell it where saves are located since it has never made a save of its own before. Also, I tried using console commands to place myself on top of the ship and that also resulted in a crash.
You have to convert the save file from .ess to .omwsave to get the Android port to recognize it.
VitaminZeth

Post by VitaminZeth »

Hello,

Signed up to ask for help getting the game to work on my phone.
I have a problem regarding my SD Cards having spaces in their names and having problems trying to get the directory right to launch the game. The actual name that shows up on my windows explorer is "SD card" and I cant change the name of it. I don't have any access to the SD card other than plugging my phone through USB into my computer to access it. When I tried:
/sdcard/mw/data-files/
and in hopes...
/SD card/mw/data-files/
/SD-card/mw/data-files/

It wont work because of the space! Would anyone happen to have a solution for my situation?
Phone: Zenfone 3 Max 5.2
Flessen

Post by Flessen »

You need a file within the saves file and the name of the file will be your character name, so saves file/ then character name file within that/ then the converted saves. I am on kindle fire 8 hd and I can load saves this way. I however am having the same crashing problem i had when trying to leave the ship. The only door i can enter (the captain you turn papers into) is the only door i left just before the save (on pc). If I try to exit through the other door however I get same crash. I have tried adjusting the fps to different settings, changing the graphics library, adjusting everything on lowest video settings in morrowind options, etc. Nothing works ...hoping for a fix in next version.
raykay

Post by raykay »

Guys i have a Problem obviously its just me cannot find anything similar in tthe forums. So i have downloaded the apk and installed openmw on my s8+. Then i downloaded morrowind incl all expansions from steam and copied it on my sd card. However when starting the game while getting down the ship and the guard approaches you, my game always just not continues after i select a race. It seems there must be a dialog but the guard just stares at me and i cant move. I tried reinstalling morrowind and copied it again even on internal memory but still the game just stops at the same spot (after selecting a race).
Help?
Flessen

Post by Flessen »

Have you tried selecting a different graphics library or selecting the collision box option?
Flessen

Post by Flessen »

VitaminZeth wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 01:36 Hello,

Signed up to ask for help getting the game to work on my phone.
I have a problem regarding my SD Cards having spaces in their names and having problems trying to get the directory right to launch the game. The actual name that shows up on my windows explorer is "SD card" and I cant change the name of it. I don't have any access to the SD card other than plugging my phone through USB into my computer to access it. When I tried:
/sdcard/mw/data-files/
and in hopes...
/SD card/mw/data-files/
/SD-card/mw/data-files/

It wont work because of the space! Would anyone happen to have a solution for my situation?
Phone: Zenfone 3 Max 5.2
Try installing Explorer File Manager from Google play and see if you can move to internal or make a new file on root directory, etc
Flessen

Post by Flessen »

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.libopenmw.openmw/share/openmw/saves/"character name file"/save.omwsave

I just installed openmw on computer and played to point where i turned in release papers and saved, then copied file in documents game file (on computer) to tablet. My characters name was Caligula so there was a file named Caligula and the saves were within that.
Last edited by Flessen on 01 Jul 2018, 00:30, edited 1 time in total.
pianobadger

Post by pianobadger »

Flessen wrote: 30 Jun 2018, 07:21 You need a file within the saves file and the name of the file will be your character name, so saves file/ then character name file within that/ then the converted saves. I am on kindle fire 8 hd and I can load saves this way. I however am having the same crashing problem i had when trying to leave the ship. The only door i can enter (the captain you turn papers into) is the only door i left just before the save (on pc). If I try to exit through the other door however I get same crash. I have tried adjusting the fps to different settings, changing the graphics library, adjusting everything on lowest video settings in morrowind options, etc. Nothing works ...hoping for a fix in next version.
Good to know, mine is also a fire hd 8 and it's the 2017 model. I'll definitely try again in the future if this gets updated. Next time I'll just start a save game in openmw since it looks like there are still some issues with save file conversion. Thanks everyone for all the help.
mojoswagger1980

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

sounds like what happens when the quest line breaks (there is a lot of this in the multiplayer mod do to the fact all the mechanics were intended for a single player). really early for that to happen but theres a couple of potential solutions. 1. its super early so you can restart. you can get passed it . just really a question of how many tries it will take . i heard some people have trouble with that whole first section including the next building. or you could use the console to trigger the dialog, or skip that section, or pretty much anything else in the game. it was intended as debugging tool for devs and later became a game save/cheat tool for everybody else. you hit tilde on the keyboard (~) to access it. i think the commands are and syntax are in the construction set that came with the game. help file i think but you can google proabably faster.