[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
vrokolos

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by vrokolos »

This is a long shot but..

Can I use the fingerprint scanner on my Samsung s9+ to bind it to "fire"?

The fingerprint scanner is on the back of the phone and it's positioned perfectly so I can do both movement + aiming + firing at the same time without moving fingers at all.

Adding some other ideas for fingerprint scanner:

Tap: Fire
Swipe Up: Jump
Swipe Down: Sneak
Swipe Left: Magic
Swipe Right: Block
Last edited by vrokolos on 20 Jun 2018, 12:47, edited 1 time in total.
VinnyHaw

Post by VinnyHaw »

Just installed this and I absolutely love it. I've been looking for a game to play on the go for awhile and this runs excellent on my Pixel 2.

Quick question, how do we use the magic ring that we obtain at the beginning?

Is there a way to map controls to the buttons on the phone? Is there a way to add more hotkeys to the screen?
Oh and what is with the QP button in the top left?
Last edited by VinnyHaw on 20 Jun 2018, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
mojoswagger1980

Post by mojoswagger1980 »

vrokolos wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 08:44 This is a long shot but..

Can I use the fingerprint scanner on my Samsung s9+ to bind it to "fire"?

The fingerprint scanner is on the back of the phone and it's positioned perfectly so I can do both movement + aiming + firing at the same time without moving fingers at all.

Adding some other ideas for fingerprint scanner:

Tap: Fire
Swipe Up: Jump
Swipe Down: Sneak
Swipe Left: Magic
Swipe Right: Block
i seriously doubt it . Samsung isnt real likely to allow you to tamper with an anti-left measure, quite the opposite actually. i run aosp roms on my note 5, scanner has never functioned unless on touchwiz firmware, pretty sure this was done by design . it would kind of be a big deal if someone managed to mod it, total nerd bragging rights would be at stake, how could you not release the "exploit". But as things stand noones even got it working without samsungs firmware. Not what you were hoping for but i doubt you were holding your breath.
vrokolos

Post by vrokolos »

Apps like this do it and they work fine:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... ures&hl=en
mojoswagger1980

vrokolos wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 20:17 Apps like this do it and they work fine:

yeah in retrospect what if someon
vrokolos wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 20:17 Apps like this do it and they work fine:

in retrospect, what if someone did steal copies of a fingerprint scan ? .....without the coinciding fingers what would you have ? yeah i can sort of see how theft would be neglible on account of that . ty for the info
mojoswagger1980

VinnyHaw wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 09:55 Just installed this and I absolutely love it. I've been looking for a game to play on the go for awhile and this runs excellent on my Pixel 2.

Is there a way to map controls to the buttons on the phone? Is there a way to add more hotkeys to the screen?
equip it (actually optional you dont have to), ready magic, select the ring ability in spell indicator, then use (same way you would swing sword). Nope no additional widgets can be added just removed. its your quick menu. you select skills/abilities and assign them slots the purpose being rapid access. im so frickin jealous ! i want to play for the first time. oh and yeah there are ways to remap keys to the phone. home and recents are iffy. if you can disable there native function, they can be mapped. back can be mapped now. power cannot be mapped. fingerprint scanner evidently can see above.
VinnyHaw

Post by VinnyHaw »

mojoswagger1980 wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 03:51
VinnyHaw wrote: 20 Jun 2018, 09:55 Just installed this and I absolutely love it. I've been looking for a game to play on the go for awhile and this runs excellent on my Pixel 2.

equip it (actually optional you dont have to), ready magic, select the ring ability in spell indicator, then use (same way you would swing sword). Nope no additional widgets can be added just removed. its your quick menu. you select skills/abilities and assign them slots the purpose being rapid access. im so frickin jealous ! i want to play for the first time. oh and yeah there are ways to remap keys to the phone. home and recents are iffy. if you can disable there native function, they can be mapped. back can be mapped now. power cannot be mapped. fingerprint scanner evidently can see above.
UPDATE:

I found my problem. I had to map a button for "next spell". By default it's = and there is no key for that. How do I equip magic without needing to use either = or - to cycle.

I've been trying that. After equipping the item (and unequipping my axe) i tried hitting the button on the right side of the screen and nothing happens. The ring is supposed to heal but nothing happens.

https://i.imgur.com/s9ZLjWN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/23oQ65B.jpg
vrokolos

Post by vrokolos »

mojoswagger1980 wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 03:41 in retrospect, what if someone did steal copies of a fingerprint scan ? .....without the coinciding fingers what would you have ? yeah i can sort of see how theft would be neglible on account of that . ty for the info
Although they can access the fingerprint sensor for swipes and taps, they can't access the actual fingerprint or any security stuff. I read that somewhere on google SDK and on another forum but I don't remember where. Look for it and you'll see.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

If they could get the fingerprint data, then usually it's enough to:
  • Print the fingerprint with a laser printer on glossy paper/plastic.
  • Maybe print over it a few times so a thicker layer of ink builds up. Otherwise, do something else that makes the ridges more defined, such as find something that sticks to the ink but not the paper and paint it with that.
  • Pour a blob of gelatine onto the printout and let it set.
  • Peel it off to find a lump of something fleshy with a fingerprint on it.
Last I checked, there was nothing that didn't fall for one of these.
mojoswagger1980

VinnyHaw wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 04:43
mojoswagger1980 wrote: 21 Jun 2018, 03:51

UPDATE:

I found my problem. I had to map a button for "next spell". By default it's = and there is no key for that. How do I equip magic without needing to use either = or - to cycle.

I've been trying that. After equipping the item (and unequipping my axe) i tried hitting the button on the right side of the screen and nothing happens. The ring is supposed to heal but nothing happens.

https://i.imgur.com/s9ZLjWN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/23oQ65B.jpg
try mapping it as controller not the keyboard. it has a keymap already in play for back, etc. and since thats the case its most likely overiding your selection. game has complete controller support! i could have sworn the xbox version let you map a modifier key but im either mistaken or it wasnt included in the pc version.