[WIP] Android port testing

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
LostElo

Re: [WIP] Android port testing

Post by LostElo »

[/quote]
Thx a lot I'll try to find some lower res. textures mod maybe that will help. I have no interest in rooting my device now because it have really poor support for custom roms now. Maybe in the future:)
Edit: ok I found that I had some custom textures in textures folder so wiped them and it seems to be working smoothly now.
[/quote]

I have seen a low res texture i would like to try but im new with morrowind modding(and modding in general) but is changing the textures the same as you would do it in pc or you need another way?
Thank you in advance.
Jamow

Post by Jamow »

I've had a few more sessions now so here are a few more observations! It seemed to crash most often in and around Seyda Neen, because after I started walking towards Balmora I've only had one crash. Nearly all crashes seems related to the virtual sticks, I think only one of my crashes so far have happened when no sticks are touched.

The issue where the attack button causes my character to look down/up pops up every now and then, restarting solves it.

The sound stopping is the most frequent issue for me now. Sometimes it stops after a minute, sometimes after 15 minutes. At some point it stops. Restarting solves it, loading has no effect.

I discovered an interesting bug/feature. Open a container (barrel or body for instance), and move the cursor and click Take All. The next container you open will now perform Take All if you close it immediately without using the mouse! Handy for harvesting plants, not quite as handy when looting bodies :)
Stiffler

Post by Stiffler »

I've just registered to say that iv'e installed it with no hope whatsoever on my almost 6 years old Galaxy Note 1gen but it works! FPS is extremely inconsistent in exteriors (weird fluctuation in framerate no matter where i'm looking or what view distance i choose) , but in interiors i get nice smooth ~30fps, maybe even more.

Galaxy Note N7000 @stock
Lineage 14.1 (Android 7.1.2)
Using GLES v1 (GLES v2 has problems with loading assets and ground textures.)
Resolution 720p
FPS ~5-30 in exteriors (tested in suran), 30+ in interiors.
Using last APK from 1 March.

EDIT:
Installation of Optimization Patch helped immensely! Fluctuation in framerate dropped, but that weird stutter still occours. I got more than 10fps boost in exterior and even more in interiors though. I'm seriously suprised how this old piece can do that, but ability to drop resolution will help even more.
gerciolisz

Post by gerciolisz »

Just for your info. I've set view distance to 20000 and it worked as it should :) ofc It was lagging horribly but on 10000 it works almost same as stock max 6666 for me. Crashes on my device happens only when using virtual sticks or when going out from buildings but overall that happens rarely. It is playable and really enjoyable on my device. Have no time to find those lower textures. I think they need to be put just in the textures folder and engine automatically would recognize them. And last thing is a question: someone managed in some cfg file to change brightness?
pgratz

Post by pgratz »

Just tried this on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. First awesome work I was able to get the game to start up, start a new game and saw enough to know that it was rendering nicely and etc. both in OGL1 and OGL2. Right now I'm getting hung up on the input your name problem. A couple data points that might help in dev/debug:

My Tab S3 has the hardware keyboard and I also have a bluetooth mouse. It seems like the hardware keyboard is probably a problem for text input but I haven't been able to get around it. I tried detaching the keyboard doesn't seem to bring up the soft keyboard like it does in other apps.

Another note is that the mouse look is pretty rough. It seems like it wants the mouse pointer to be near the center of the screen for it to work properly. Probably need some way to capture the mouse pointer so it behaves more like the PC version would.

Can't wait to play with this more!
Paul
gerciolisz

Post by gerciolisz »

pgratz wrote: 09 Mar 2018, 17:09 Just tried this on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S3. First awesome work I was able to get the game to start up, start a new game and saw enough to know that it was rendering nicely and etc. both in OGL1 and OGL2. Right now I'm getting hung up on the input your name problem. A couple data points that might help in dev/debug:

My Tab S3 has the hardware keyboard and I also have a bluetooth mouse. It seems like the hardware keyboard is probably a problem for text input but I haven't been able to get around it. I tried detaching the keyboard doesn't seem to bring up the soft keyboard like it does in other apps.

Another note is that the mouse look is pretty rough. It seems like it wants the mouse pointer to be near the center of the screen for it to work properly. Probably need some way to capture the mouse pointer so it behaves more like the PC version would.

Can't wait to play with this more!
Paul
I hope you are already touching screen with 3 fingers together .. ?
krupepe55

Post by krupepe55 »

I play at gui 2.0 and if you would like to view your atributes, skills etc.
Edit your setting.cfg and add at the end or edit if you have values:
Spoiler: Show
then, it should looks like this, and you just re-click windows :).

UserName

Post by UserName »

Morrowind does not start on the Mali-T628 on Honor 6.After the black screen, the game just crashes, you can only start typing --skip-menu 1 or start / skip-menu.But it's odd that I'm the only one with this problem...
Rewike

Post by Rewike »

Hyzz, The game crashes very often, I attach photos, one crashed when I enter the library of rare books. Can you fix it? and when will the new build?
Spoiler: Show
xyzz

Post by xyzz »

If it's reproducible, you should upload your save data and instructions, otherwise I can't tell much from your log (or any kind of crash log, for that matter).