OpenMW 0.43.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Atahualpa

Re: OpenMW 0.43.0

Post by Atahualpa »

Atahualpa wrote: 28 Nov 2017, 04:01 Anyway, the release isn't finished yet. On my personal to-do list are:
  • Revision of the change log
  • German translation for the change log
  • German subtitles for the videos
  • Video thumbnails
I've also updated the video compilation thread. I'll publish the videos once we are ready to officially release. :)

Working on the change log now.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Got it. :) I think we are just waiting on the OSX release package? I have a pretty busy couple of days coming up, so please forgive me if I can't do the release right away, but I should be able to squeeze it in sometime very soon.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Atahualpa wrote: 28 Nov 2017, 04:01 Anyway, the release isn't finished yet. On my personal to-do list are:
  • Revision of the change log
  • German translation for the change log
  • German subtitles for the videos
  • Video thumbnails
Ready.
raevol wrote: 30 Nov 2017, 19:54 I think we are just waiting on the OSX release package?
That seems to be the case. #BigMac
raevol wrote: 30 Nov 2017, 19:54 I have a pretty busy couple of days coming up, so please forgive me if I can't do the release right away, but I should be able to squeeze it in sometime very soon.
No rush, raevol. :)
corristo

Post by corristo »

Hi there, macOS build is coming tomorrow.

Well, technically, today.
corristo

Post by corristo »

raevol

Post by raevol »

Got it- can't do the release right now, but look for it soon!
wareya

Post by wareya »

The windows RC is still apparently made with an old version of SDL2 - 2.0.4 - that has annoying input bugs. The very next version of SDL2, 2.0.5, fixes them. The current stable version of SDL2 is 2.0.7. Just dragging and dropping the new SDL2 version into the install directory doesn't seem to break anything, but SDL doesn't guarantee being binary backwards compatible, so...

https://hg.libsdl.org/SDL/file/93edd752 ... atsNew.txt

2.0.5:
- By default the click raising a window will not be delivered to the SDL application. You can set the hint SDL_HINT_MOUSE_FOCUS_CLICKTHROUGH to "1" to allow that click through to the window.
- Fixed XBox controller triggers automatically being pulled at startup
- Reset dead keys when the SDL window loses focus, so dead keys pressed in SDL applications don't affect text input into other applications.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

wareya wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 18:40 The windows RC is still apparently made with an old version of SDL2 - 2.0.4 - that has annoying input bugs. The very next version of SDL2, 2.0.5, fixes them. The current stable version of SDL2 is 2.0.7. Just dragging and dropping the new SDL2 version into the install directory doesn't seem to break anything, but SDL doesn't guarantee being binary backwards compatible, so...

2.0.5:
- By default the click raising a window will not be delivered to the SDL application. You can set the hint SDL_HINT_MOUSE_FOCUS_CLICKTHROUGH to "1" to allow that click through to the window.
- Reset dead keys when the SDL window loses focus, so dead keys pressed in SDL applications don't affect text input into other applications.
Thanks for the heads up, though it'd be nice to have had the note a couple of weeks back during the RC phase when easily updating such things was possible.
Pushed an update for the Windows build scripts to switch to SDL 2.0.7 on the master branch, don't really have the time to personally track new releases of everything though, so if people can understand scripts enough to update the links when necessary that'd be very appreciated.

Would really prefer not to rebuild the release packages though, don't have almost any free time in the coming weeks. Perhaps in the worst case we could just link to an updated SDL DLL, for the people where said input issues end up being disruptive.
Grilly

Post by Grilly »

wareya wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 18:40 The windows RC is still apparently made with an old version of SDL2 - 2.0.4 - that has annoying input bugs. The very next version of SDL2, 2.0.5, fixes them. The current stable version of SDL2 is 2.0.7. Just dragging and dropping the new SDL2 version into the install directory doesn't seem to break anything, but SDL doesn't guarantee being binary backwards compatible, so...

2.0.5:
Is Linux affected by this? How can I tell?
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Grilly wrote: 02 Dec 2017, 23:54 Is Linux affected by this? How can I tell?
In short; No.

In long; Since Linux is built against the distribution libs, depends on which version of SDL said distribution is shipping, but they tend to track releases quite well so you don't often end up with too old versions. The generic package might end up with an older version, but considering how easy it is to update dependencies on Linux I honestly don't think that's going to happen.