If I'm a contributor, should I be able to modify bugs on the bug tracker?

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Thunderforge

If I'm a contributor, should I be able to modify bugs on the bug tracker?

Post by Thunderforge »

I recently had a pull request merged that fixed a bug on the bug tracker's roadmap. Should I be able to mark that bug as resolved? Similarly, if I plan on contributing a fix for an issue, should I be able to assign myself to that? Or do only certain people get permission to do that?
akortunov

Re: If I'm a contributor, should I be able to modify bugs on the bug tracker?

Post by akortunov »

A good question.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Hi,
you can use: fix, fixes, closes keywords with Redmine issue id in commit message to automatically close the issue when code will be merged to master. I've added both of you to "developers" group in bugtracker, so you should be able to close the issues in bugtracker too.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Could you add me too? I have a fair number of bugs I would like to update with better formatting or new information.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

lgromanowski wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 21:37 you can use: fix, fixes, closes keywords with Redmine issue id in commit message to automatically close the issue when code will be merged to master.
Is how to use this documented somewhere? Also, what are the general guidelines of when something should be manually resolved vs closed etc. I saw a note in one issue that someone wasn't using that properly.
lgromanowski wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 21:37 I've added both of you to "developers" group in bugtracker, so you should be able to close the issues in bugtracker too.
Thank you!
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Thunderforge wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 23:49
lgromanowski wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 21:37 you can use: fix, fixes, closes keywords with Redmine issue id in commit message to automatically close the issue when code will be merged to master.
Is how to use this documented somewhere? Also, what are the general guidelines of when something should be manually resolved vs closed etc. I saw a note in one issue that someone wasn't using that properly.
It's documented on Redmine wiki: http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine ... t-messages I don't remember any guidelines of resolved vs closed issues state, perhaps Zini or Scrawl would know them.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Greendogo wrote: 30 Jul 2017, 23:20 Could you add me too? I have a fair number of bugs I would like to update with better formatting or new information.
Sure, I've added you too.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

lgromanowski wrote: 31 Jul 2017, 06:37 It's documented on Redmine wiki: http://www.redmine.org/projects/redmine ... t-messages I don't remember any guidelines of resolved vs closed issues state, perhaps Zini or Scrawl would know them.
Found the state explanations on the wiki. The Redmine Settings aren't on there, but I'll take a few minutes and add them.
elsid

Post by elsid »

Please, add me too. I've started to work on the task and want to assign to myself.
Thunderforge

Post by Thunderforge »

Maybe there needs to be a better way to have people added to the bug tracker. Is it possible to be able to self-add it just like we do for the Wiki? Or maybe just have a form you fill out to request access?