compiling OpenMW is like a drug. :)

A generic talk on the OpenMW project.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

compiling OpenMW is like a drug. :)

Post by lgromanowski »

Hircine wrote: Hey all,

just spent all of last night compiling, ogre, openmw and all other things required.
and after i think about 8-9 hours(i compiled ogre like 20 times), i got an executable
for openmw. i am using Ubuntu 10.04 + kde.

and im on a high right now :D

all i have left to do is get all the assets for it to see if it will run.
I get a graphic configuration screen, and then it stops because it can't find morrowind BSA. :P

anyway, i look forward to running through the code and possibly help in someway with coding.
i have some (fairly minimalistic) experience with C# and Java and i wouldn't mind helping out with the UI and inventory stuff. :)

i have a decent experience with Linux(im no expert, but am comfortable with it).

cheers,
Hircine.
Zini wrote: You need to copy your Morrowind data directory to the same location where your executable is located and then rename the directory to "data".
Hircine wrote: yeah i thought it would be as simple as that, i just need to search my collection to find the install disc.

EDIT:

done and it loads the beshara cell and thats about it.
gonna go get mygui and bullet setup.
pvdk wrote: Heh for me it's the other way around: I need drugs to compile OpenMW :p

I've got the latest git revision to compile on Windows. Linking the executable fails because the precompiled boost libraries I downloaded are wrong.