Website design proposal(s)

Discuss and help improve OpenMW's infrastructure: Website, Forums, issue tracker and everything having to do with keeping the lights on with OpenMW.
sirherrbatka

Re: Website design proposal(s)

Post by sirherrbatka »

Despite this controversial buttons this skin is perfect just like Mozart music so YEAAAAAAAAAAH!
raevol

Post by raevol »

lgro, I prettied up the way the <title> is displayed, and added support for the page icon. Can you copy http://openmw.org/favicon.png to the theme's image directory?
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Sure, done.
//EDIT: I think better place for favicon would be a root directory because some of web browsers search for this file at /favicon.* first and when they don't find use location pointed in html.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Could this layout be moved to main site?
No objections.
swick

Post by swick »

what about adding box-shadow:0px 0px 9px #505050; to .bodyElement and .bodyElementTitle?
raevol

Post by raevol »

lgromanowski wrote:Sure, done.
//EDIT: I think better place for favicon would be a root directory because some of web browsers search for this file at /favicon.* first and when they don't find use location pointed in html.
Could we have it in both places? My idea was to not have it hardcoded in the html. Should I just bite the bullet and have the code point to http://openmw.org/favicon.png?

EDIT:
swick wrote:what about adding box-shadow:0px 0px 9px #505050; to .bodyElement and .bodyElementTitle?
I'll take a look at this later. :|

lgro, as long as you don't mind re-copying the style.css over later if we decide to go with this drop-shadow, it's fine by me to move the theme to the main site. Pending approval from everyone else of course.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

raevol wrote:
lgromanowski wrote:Sure, done.
Could we have it in both places? My idea was to not have it hardcoded in the html. Should I just bite the bullet and have the code point to http://openmw.org/favicon.png?
It's already in both directories, but pointing it to the http://openmw.org/favicon.png is also good.
raevol wrote: lgro, as long as you don't mind re-copying the style.css over later if we decide to go with this drop-shadow, it's fine by me to move the theme to the main site. Pending approval from everyone else of course.
Done. :)
Zini

Post by Zini »

The navigation bar on the main site needs fixing; the sequence is not what we agreed on and also I think "Bugs" is better than "Submit a bug" (or we could call it tracker instead, if we don't want to have the word bug on our main page). "Team" is probably also better than "The Team." Single word top-level menu items are clearer and use less space.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Zini wrote:The navigation bar on the main site needs fixing; the sequence is not what we agreed on and also I think "Bugs" is better than "Submit a bug" (or we could call it tracker instead, if we don't want to have the word bug on our main page). "Team" is probably also better than "The Team." Single word top-level menu items are clearer and use less space.
OK, names and sequence is corrected.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Better ;)

Just noticed that the sandbox was using "News" as name for the first item instead of "Home". Maybe we should keep that? The "Home" page is used mainly for displaying news after all.