Better Bodies first-person hand seams

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
protondonor

Better Bodies first-person hand seams

Post by protondonor »

I'm using OpenMW 0.39 under Linux (Xubuntu 16.04 LTS). I don't remember exactly what I was doing (it was quite some time ago when I broke it) but I had messed around with some mods and now, Better Bodies, which had been working perfectly before, doesn't seem to work in first-person. Specifically, there are unsightly seams between my character's hands and arms. I've tried reinstalling Better Bodies v. 2.1, 2.2, and 2.4, either through the .exe or via drag-and-drop, with the same result each time. Here are some screenshots. Did I mess up the installation somehow? Is there a way to fix this?

Other mods installed:
Spoiler: Show
DestinedToDie

Re: Better Bodies first-person hand seams

Post by DestinedToDie »

I think your game is using vanilla hands instead of better bodies hands. Try to locate the hand nifs and reinstall.

As for what's ovewriting the hands, I don't see anything suspicious in the mod list so your guess is as good as mine. A complete reinstall might help.
Jenikk

Post by Jenikk »

I have reported similar issue with better bodies hands. See https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2594#change-17097
Maybe it's related.
protondonor

Post by protondonor »

I checked the data files and I'm sure the .nif files are all there. One more thing I've noticed: I haven't tested all races and genders yet, but so far I've only noticed the issue for male Dark Elf characters (male Altmer and Bosmer look fine).