Strange Graphics Anomaly With OpenMW & Intel Graphics

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Frik

Strange Graphics Anomaly With OpenMW & Intel Graphics

Post by Frik »

I was able to confirm this anomaly occurs on OpenMW 0.41 with no mods installed. Tested on two different Linux rigs /w Intel i5 CPU integrated graphics. In many instances, snow textures are replaced with other strange looking textures when teleporting into a snow storm or a blizzard.
grayboxes.jpg
I've dropped a couple of videos here demonstrating the anomaly:
http://www.filedropper.com/snow1
http://www.filedropper.com/snow2

Any ideas?
Jyby

Re: Strange Graphics Anomaly With OpenMW & Intel Graphics

Post by Jyby »

Can you tell us more about your problem.

Operating System:
Intel Graphics Driver Version:
OpenMW Build Number (bottom right of main menu):
Frik

Post by Frik »

I don't have the specifics at the moment. One system belongs to an online friend and I'm away from the other system. I have a working theory I gleaned from an older thread here. Perhaps the issue is related to texture compression libs: libtxc_dxtn, which were not installed. Those libs have now been installed and my friend is testing. The problem is intermittent, but so far she has not experienced anymore of what she calls; "Box Storms". :mrgreen:

If installing the libs doesn't correct the problem, I'll post more details. Will update this thread, either way. Thanks.
Frik

Post by Frik »

She has not had this issue since installing libtxc_dxtn. Will give it a bit more time but hopefully, that corrected the anomaly.

System Specs:
Intel Core i5 4460S, 64 bit Quad-Core Processor, 8GB Ram, 1 TB HDD, Intel HD Graphics 4600
Fedora 23 64bit
OpenMW 0.41.0 (compiled from official 0.41.0 source)
silentthief

Post by silentthief »

Glad to hear that this is working better. This may be another of the "odd things that we should keep track of" -- which would make for oddball/difficult troubleshooting.

Perhaps there should be a section of the FAQ for troubleshooting that keeps this kind of information (I know, I know -- do the FAQ. Well, I am tempted because this kind of info should not be lost in forum).

ST the FAQ-er