NPC Doubling on Mod Upgrade

Post about your mods, learn about OpenMW mod compatibility, check for problematic mods, discuss issues, and give us feedback about your experience with modded OpenMW.
GameEnder

Re: NPC Doubling on Mod Upgrade

Post by GameEnder »

Jyby wrote:This won't make it into 0.41.0 unfortunately. But perhaps v0.41.1, i.e. maybe we can release a minor version at some point in the near future.

What OS are you running? Perhaps a developer can make a special build for you at some point.
I am on Windows. Has the fix already been merged? I could grab the nightly build next time it is built.
MiroslavR

Post by MiroslavR »

GameEnder wrote:Has the fix already been merged?
No, not yet. It's under review.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

I'm not sure if we actually have nightlies, but if you ask Ace (the guy who makes our Windows packages) he'll probably make you one. If not, then it's not the hardest thing to get OpenMW to build on your own system (again, thanks to Ace, as he's created a build script).
GameEnder

Post by GameEnder »

AnyOldName3 wrote:I'm not sure if we actually have nightlies, but if you ask Ace (the guy who makes our Windows packages) he'll probably make you one. If not, then it's not the hardest thing to get OpenMW to build on your own system (again, thanks to Ace, as he's created a build script).
There used to be Nightlies here. Don't think they are currently working though. It seems to have stopped updating before the switch in version number change to 0.41.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

But erm, they're working.
MiroslavR

Post by MiroslavR »

The fix is now in master.
Amenophis

Post by Amenophis »

I think some issues still happening after upgrading from old mods. Attached pics and 2 saves: one from TR 16.09.1 and another after upgrading to 16.12 and with the doubling fix.
As you can see in this cell (Firewatch Palace, guild of mages) you found a missing door to the exterior(Pic 0) and some serious errors with the NPCs:
1 – After upgrading a ramdom character share the place with Gindaman (pic 1)
2 – TR 16.12 still has only Gindaman – Pic after a clean start (pic 2)
3 – Vaneris Theneria after a clean start (pic 3)
4 - After upgrading Vaneris turned into someone else (pic 4)
Attachments
Pix.7z
Some pics to show the issues
(6.36 MiB) Downloaded 275 times
SAVED WITH OLD TR_16_09_1.omwsave.7z
Original save with TR 16.09.1
(5.64 MiB) Downloaded 187 times
SAVED AFTER UPGRADING TO TR 16.12.omwsave.7z
After upgrading with the Doubling Fix
(4.42 MiB) Downloaded 168 times
GameEnder

Post by GameEnder »

I loaded up the save I showing earlier and the fix is defiantly working. I am getting no more NPC doubling in TR. I am not getting any results similar to Amenophis. Not really sure what is going on there.

Now to test if Morrowind Rebirth works after upgrade...