Speed Value

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
PrimordialBronze

Speed Value

Post by PrimordialBronze »

How do I change the speed value so that you will generally move faster for the same skill lvl and speed attribute? Thanks.
Cramal

Re: Speed Value

Post by Cramal »

The walking speed is always between the value of the 2 GMSTs : fMinWalkSpeed & fMaxWalkSpeed

Where in the interval the real speed is depends of the speed carac and the athletics skill.

fBaseRunMultiplier & fAthleticsRunBonus give how much running is faster than walking.

All these value can be modified by mods
PrimordialBronze

Post by PrimordialBronze »

Thanks.
metalpoetza

Post by metalpoetza »

I use the run faster mod myself, works fine with openmw - it has 7 different ESPs you can choose from depending how much faster you want the base run speed to be.
I use the faster-plus one myself.
SteveOdom

Post by SteveOdom »

metalpoetza wrote:I use the run faster mod myself, works fine with openmw - it has 7 different ESPs you can choose from depending how much faster you want the base run speed to be.
I use the faster-plus one myself.
I'm pretty sure it's not already listed in the compatible mod-list. If you show me the link I'll test it and add it, or would you rather do it? :)
metalpoetza

Post by metalpoetza »

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/42796/?

There ya go. Obviously you want to run it very late in your load order, after anything else that may be tweaking run speeds (morrowind rebirth for example does).