Updating OpenMW

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
PrimordialBronze

Updating OpenMW

Post by PrimordialBronze »

How do I do this? I'm used to clicking a couple buttons followed by downloading/installing then it's done after another click or two. Thanks.
sjek

Re: Updating OpenMW

Post by sjek »

if on windows: download the new release or nigtlies and install to new location or delete old one and to same. if to different location, make a new shortcut and you'r set.
Svetomech

Post by Svetomech »

Or simply use Chocolatey.
AnyOldName3

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Currently, the Chocolatey package doesn't update cleanly. You need to uninstall the previous version before installing the new one. Ace is aware of this, though, so it might be fixed at some point.
PrimordialBronze

Oops just installed .40 with .39 still in. Is there something I need to do remedy the situation? Or is it no biggy just uninstall .39 and more than likely everything is good? Windows 64-bit btw. Does this mean new profiles every update? Not to concerned if so.
lysol

Post by lysol »

PrimordialBronze wrote:Oops just installed .40 with .39 still in. Is there something I need to do remedy the situation? Or is it no biggy just uninstall .39 and more than likely everything is good? Windows 64-bit btw. Does this mean new profiles every update? Not to concerned if so.
Just uninstall .39, so no biggie. No new profiles required either. All the settings and saves are stored in my documents, so they will still be there when you uninstall the old version and install a new version.
PrimordialBronze

Hallelujah, will do this later today, thanks.
darkestfabric

Post by darkestfabric »

I installed the latest OpenMW to a new location, but when I launch the game it crashes with the error: "Failed loading Rem-TPTSP.esp: the groundcover file does not exist." Why would anything be different with a new installation of OpenMW? The old one still works without issue.
Last edited by darkestfabric on 24 Feb 2022, 02:29, edited 1 time in total.