OpenMW 0.40.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Atahualpa

Re: OpenMW 0.40.0

Post by Atahualpa »

raevol wrote:
Allofich wrote: foritified should be fortified
lolllllllllllllllllllllllll thanks! :oops: https://gist.github.com/mickeylyle/602e ... /revisions
Ignore this if I'm wrong, but it should be "Fixed a couple of issues [...]".
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

- Fixed timed effects not be interrupted when resting
- Fixed constant effects no to be put on hold when resting
- Fixed creatures and NPCs not being able to aim ranged attacks vertically
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Perhaps this is something to note in the release notes for Ubuntu PPA users that they need to first uninstall everything having to do openscenegraph first before install openmw-0.40?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3739&p=41683#p41680
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

scrawl wrote:- Fixed creatures and NPCs not being able to aim ranged attacks vertically
From reading the bug's description, I got the impression that it also affected NPCs' aiming. :?
If the fix doesn't apply to the mentioned crossbows and spells, we may have to deal with these issues too.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Atahualpa wrote:Ignore this if I'm wrong, but it should be "Fixed a couple of issues [...]".
Both are correct, it's just what you are familiar with. I'm going to do it your way just because I have given you so much grief this time around!
scrawl wrote:- Fixed timed effects not be interrupted when resting
Thank you!
Atahualpa wrote:
scrawl wrote:- Fixed creatures and NPCs not being able to aim ranged attacks vertically
From reading the bug's description, I got the impression that it also affected NPCs' aiming. :?
If the fix doesn't apply to the mentioned crossbows and spells, we may have to deal with these issues too.
Let me know on this one?

Current revisions: https://gist.github.com/mickeylyle/602e ... /revisions

Also currently waiting on word on the Linux and Windows binaries.
raevol

Post by raevol »

psi29a wrote:Perhaps this is something to note in the release notes for Ubuntu PPA users that they need to first uninstall everything having to do openscenegraph first before install openmw-0.40?

Can we write a wiki page that is a guide for doing this? That I can then link to?

Edit: does this cover it? https://www.reddit.com/r/OpenMW/comment ... on_ubuntu/
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

raevol wrote:
Atahualpa wrote:Ignore this if I'm wrong, but it should be "Fixed a couple of issues [...]".
Both are correct, it's just what you are familiar with. I'm going to do it your way just because I have given you so much grief this time around!
Ah, I see. It just sounded wrong to me.
raevol wrote:
scrawl wrote:- Fixed timed effects not be interrupted when resting
Thank you!
Ehm, I think scrawl meant "Fixed constant effects not to be put on hold when resting". :roll:
Shnatsel

Post by Shnatsel »

psi29a wrote:Perhaps this is something to note in the release notes for Ubuntu PPA users that they need to first uninstall everything having to do openscenegraph first before install openmw-0.40?

NOOOOOOO

It's a bug in the Debian packaging! Here's a hotfix, add this to your debian/control for the "libopenscenegraph-3.4-130" binary package:

Code: Select all

Conflicts: libopenscenegraph-123
Replaces: libopenscenegraph-123
DO THIS ASAP because upgrading to latest OpenMW from PPA leaves the entire system in a broken inconsistent state where you can't install any packages until this is fixed.

And when you're done with that, ask me how to handle this properly. The above is a hotfix, libraries with different ABI revisions should be able to co-exist on the same system.
Shnatsel

Post by Shnatsel »

Also you forgot to mention the addition of this icon to OpenCS in the 0.40 changelog. It doesn't seem to be present in 0.39 (at least it's not shown in the release video).
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Shnatsel wrote:Also you forgot to mention the addition of this icon to OpenCS in the 0.40 changelog. It doesn't seem to be present in 0.39 (at least it's not shown in the release video).
Yep, you're right. The icon was introduced after the release of v0.39.0 and thus should be part of the recent changelog. TBH, I completely forgot about that -- your next icon(s) will be part of the corresponding release video.