OpenMW Nightly builds

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
Capostrophic

Re: OpenMW Nightly builds

Post by Capostrophic »

It seems builds weren't updated for quite some time (~three weeks) now. :roll:
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Interesting, CMake has decided to change its mind about how it wanted the FFMPEG variables set. Guessing because of incompatibilities with libav.
Builds will be up again in a few hours, going to try to improve the error handling of my build scripts as well since they don't report if failure occurs during configuration. Doesn't help that I've only been home at my computer a few days in the last weeks.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Something's wrong yet again.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Apparently CMake are updating their module files, so variables are changing names.
Should be fixed again.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

[Feel free to move this post if this is the wrong thread.]

I don't know who is maintaining our download files here on openmw.org, but the v0.39.0 .exe files for Windows (32 bit / 64 bit) aren't available. They're available on GitHub anyway, but it may be confusing for players who decide to download OpenMW from its homepage.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

Atahualpa wrote:[Feel free to move this post if this is the wrong thread.]

I don't know who is maintaining our download files here on openmw.org, but the v0.39.0 .exe files for Windows (32 bit / 64 bit) aren't available. They're available on GitHub anyway, but it may be confusing for players who decide to download OpenMW from its homepage.
Hi,
I'm sorry, I thought that I've already uploaded them - they will be available this evening.
Allofich

Post by Allofich »

Hi, sorry if this is already known, but it looks like the nightly build is continuing to have a framerate issue due to the version of OSG that is being used. You can see discussion about it on https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3052. I'm sure people using the nightly build would appreciate it if the problem was fixed.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Sadly it's turned out to be more difficult than expected to upgrade and package new OSG builds, and my current job doesn't leave me with any more than four hours of me time per day.

Might have some time on Sunday to look into it.
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Something is wrong once again.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Thanks for the heads up, ran into computer issues yesterday which required a fallback graphics card and a new install of Windows.
Hadn't set up all the ruby gems I use for doing the automated builds.

Nightlies will resume their regular schedule again the coming morning.