5K resolution, Quad-SLI and 10-core support?

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
ezze

Re: 5K resolution, Quad-SLI and 10-core support?

Post by ezze »

Or perhaps, it's time to accept that games are not about using more and more resources, but are about fun and we had pretty much the same fun cracking the difficult levels of Bubble Bobble than playing a game with each hair independently animated.

Think about the Wii, less powerful than the other console, big success for this reason.
Pherim

Post by Pherim »

True. The improved graphics are also not what I am looking forward to most, when it comes to OpenMW. There are going to be much more interesting gameplay and modding possibilities, after all.
taipanroxy

Post by taipanroxy »

Tes96 wrote:
ap0 wrote:Of course, it would be great to also think about post-quantum computers support.

More seriously :
  • No one has such config
  • If you have 128Gb of RAM, you could just put your whole operating system in it
  • What are you going to do with 10 cores ? OpenMW runs already super-fine on dual ones. What kind of improvements are you expecting from "multi-treahding" ?
  • Same question for you bitcoin miner cluster : what do you want to do with it ? You can already play OpenMW with a simple Intel HD4000. What kind of improvements are you expecting ?
  • No one has 5K monitors yet, and a small number of people has a 4K one, on which I'm sure OpenMW runs smoothly too.
I completely fail to see the point of your questions.
You may want to double check your sources, ap0. You can get a computer with those exact specifications I listed right here.
And you can buy a 5K monitor here. Don't be too quick to make assumptions before researching. People who make decent money do indeed buy these things.

I'll have a rig better than that in a few years, just not right now.
Currently, I have a good gaming MSI laptop with GTX 970m card. (Not nearly the same as regular GTX 970 obviously). But with MGE XE (no shaders at all) at 250 exterior cell view distance with TR, P:C and SHOTN loaded, I get about 0.5 frames per second. With OpenMW, it's almost as bad and that's with normal view distance. Although I was using v0.37 or 0.38 at the time. Unless v0.39 dramatically improved upon that.

The point of my questions was, will I be able to play with 60+ frames per second with Morrowind Comes Alive, Tamriel Rebuilt, Province:Cyrodiil, Skyrim:Home of the Nords with the full graphic features OpenMW provides (assuming v1.0 is on par with MGE XE or better)? Try out the province mods with 250 cells loaded. It brings a lot of machines to their knees, especially The Reach wilderness region near Karthwasten in SHOTN; very brutal. If OpenMW can render all that with at least 50-60 FPS, provided the player has a beefy modern rig, then splendid, that's what I'm looking for.
he has a point you know. openmw is throwing away a lot of potential not accounting for an extremely small minority of rich, insular gamers who can afford to spend over 1,000 dollars on a computer monitor that can't support anything, that nobody will develop for, that is a pain to use, and would only be meaningfully useful on a machine that approaches 30,000 dollars, which is more than most people's cars. if openmw won't account for this, then they are just disrespecting their customers, who pay them no money at all.

i demand to be able to RENDER EVERY POLYGON IN THE GAME AT ONCE, which should be trivial given that i have no shaders on, and is certainly not openly impossible in any other game on the planet regardless of engine right now. i demand to be able to see red mountain, the imperial tower, the throat of the world, the mephalain mountains, baan malur, and the moesring mountains ALL AT THE SAME TIME when i step off seyda neen, every polygon, and over 250 cells, and i think it is not being too needy, stupid or clueless, obviously, because i am very smart, to expect this. i think, to be honest, it is being clueless, and rejecting of computer progress, to not make it possible to load every possible polygon in the game at once. i think i am not asking much. look at how good computer hardware is. just spend 30,000 dollars to get this rig now and then program for it. i am not asking for too much. i think it is just obvious. i don't care if this is more distance than the actual human eye can see because there is no curvature of the earth in tamriel. look at the numbers and letters and weird sounding names on my computer parts. obviously, i should get more than 0.5 frames per second when i try to load every exterior cell at once. i think it is obvious that i am not asking for too much. every aaa game can do this, right? i'm not even using any SHADERS. everyone knows that shaders kill fps more than polygons, right??? i don't get it. all i tried to do is render absolutely everything at once.

worse, openmw runs like this on UNFINISHED BETA VERSIONS. this is UNACCEPTABLE and your are not truly prioritizing graphics performance for those like me who aspire to have unusuably high resolution monitors. you shouldn't ASSUME that rich people like me don't spend stupid amount of moneys on computers that are unnecessarily powerful, and can't capitalize on them. you should research this. otherwise you are DISCRIMINATING AGAINST RICH PEOPLE.

anyway i have more reasonable demands while i'm at it.

[*]openmw should add a feature where i can pay hans zimmer to livestream compose my experience as i'm playing it, to make the game more cinematic. people who make decent money do consider doing this for their gaming experience and you should add this for those of us with the money to do it.
[*]openmw should add a feature that takes advantage of qubit logic for quantum computers, which are practically out of date compared to the rigs i'm going to be using. i want to be able to render every polygon at once, WITH shaders. this is basic graphics you know. Intel 7y 600-000 MTX G67BGB. Rvddvd 7000465MB 6667-i c4. Supercore Architrecutre Multi Threading.
[*]openmw should add proper resolutions for cinema projection, for those of us who own cinemas, and want to play morrowind in the cinemas. there should be a box in options that i can use to contact hans zimmer online so that he can come to my cinema before i start playing, and use the orchestra, that i can also afford. you need to add software architecture to support streaming from the microphones recording my live orchestra into the game with proper audio mastering.
[*]openmw needs to add VR support, for holodecks, not the vive. it won't be that long before people are using holodecks. if you did some proper research and didn't make assumptions, you wouldn't DISCRIMINATE AGAINST RICH PEOPLE. i want to load every polygon at once. this shouldn't reduce the framerate. i'm not using any shaders.
[*]openmw needs to add directx13 support. directx13 doesn't exist yet, but you should be able to guess just from directx12. i want to be able to use directx13 on my custom gentoo install too. that's right. i know what gentoo is. nvidia GTA V DLC 9001 420-xi.
[*]openmw should add the covenant from halo, and the halo from halo. to keep it from breaking the lore, they could be uhhhhh dreugh
[*]openmw should add support for running the game on TARDIS architecture, because many people can afford TARDISes and you should consider them. i understand that programming for eye of harmony black hole architecture is actually really easy and you're stupid and discriminating against richc people if you don't do it. i want to be able to load every polygon at once. it is only reasonable. 250 cells is not a big number. this game is from 2002 so it should be easy.
[*]instead of just multi threading from one computer, openmw should do that thing like in that movie where the guy takes 0.1 cent from every bank account in the world, and openmw should be able to take 0.1 ram for every copmuter in the world, so it can use infinite graphics.
[*]openmw should literally wipe my ass for me when i'm at the toilet.

some of these may seem unreasonable. but they are exactly as reasonable as my expectation that i should be able to load 250 exterior cells with every landmass mod possible at once, just because i'm not using shaders, which is to say, very reasonable. current technology can do it. you'd know that if you researched and didn't make assumptions. uhhhhhhh
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Great first post! :lol:

It would have been funnier, but you can load 250 (or more) cells at once (with all your mods), it is just a configuration option[1]. FYI. Oh yeah, it supports whatever resolution you want provided your GPU supports it... you want to see everything, no problem! 8-)

[1] YFPSMV
aesylwinn

Post by aesylwinn »

taipanroxy wrote:[*]openmw should add a feature where i can pay hans zimmer to livestream compose my experience as i'm playing it, to make the game more cinematic. people who make decent money do consider doing this for their gaming experience and you should add this for those of us with the money to do it.
Please, someone do this. :shock:
greetasdf

Post by greetasdf »

aesylwinn wrote:
taipanroxy wrote:[*]openmw should add a feature where i can pay hans zimmer to livestream compose my experience as i'm playing it, to make the game more cinematic. people who make decent money do consider doing this for their gaming experience and you should add this for those of us with the money to do it.
Pay Hans Zimmer for live composing? This has to be a serious joke.... :lol: If you have that money you should support the developers more!

PS: Please add a rapid-responsive API for 3D printing, so everyone can print their current cell in real-time.
taipanroxy

Post by taipanroxy »

greetasdf wrote:
aesylwinn wrote:
Pay Hans Zimmer for live composing? This has to be a serious joke.... :lol: If you have that money you should support the developers more!

PS: Please add a rapid-responsive API for 3D printing, so everyone can print their current cell in real-time.
some of us load 250 exterior cells at once and if the api cannot account for this and print all of morrowind, tamriel rebuilt, skyrim, and cyrodiil, and then use machine learning and neural networks to extrapolate and auto make elseweyr and argonia, and print those, and then take me to akavir, in real life (which is VERY realistic with technology in the next years or so) you will be outdated to those of us with good computers in a flash.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

greetasdf wrote:PS: Please add a rapid-responsive API for 3D printing, so everyone can print their current cell in real-time.
Someone asked if WorldEngine could support STL so they could print (3d/additive manufacture) the world.

So I looked it up and yes, yes we can:
https://python-stl.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

So long as we have access to terrain data, you're only limited by the speed of your printer... not OpenMW's fault. :P
greetasdf

Post by greetasdf »

psi29a wrote:
greetasdf wrote:PS: Please add a rapid-responsive API for 3D printing, so everyone can print their current cell in real-time.
Someone asked if WorldEngine could support STL so they could print (3d/additive manufacture) the world.

So long as we have access to terrain data, you're only limited by the speed of your printer... not OpenMW's fault. :P
that is actually hilarious. Now let me get a liquid 3d printer and think of a new outlandishly-nearly-impossible feature-request, since sci-fi only ever helped to advance things:
  • Please implement local genetics and genetic mutations in creatures (attack all rats in the area with fire -> they will in time develop some sort of lower fire resitance).
  • Please implement an artificial neural network for pathfinding optimization (success-function = minimizing distance to player) and per-NCP for adjusting attack options (success-function = reduction of player's health/stats(sometimes e.g. burden spell, this would mean an increase of stat is a 'good' thing).
taipanroxy

Post by taipanroxy »

psi29a wrote:

terrain yes, but every 3d printer i've worked with would have a little bit of trouble with certain statics that require vertical overhangs like tree branches... but i typically work with normal plastic 3d printers anyway.

[*] make openmw support gps so i can play morrowind go
[*] i demand support for me getting corprus in real life