Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
lysol

Re: Lysol's normal mapped texture packs

Post by lysol »

http://imgur.com/9QxeIlq

Pretty happy with this one. :)
raevol

Post by raevol »

I bet painting guar was fun!
lysol

Post by lysol »

Yes it was actually. :) I really waited with doing this and the tavern banner since I thought I wouldn't be able to make them look good anyway. But they did turn out ok IMO, it just takes more time.

Anyway, going away for a few hours now (I think I need it too, haven't been outside since friday afternoon haha), so I don't know if I'll be able to do the rest of the leatherish banners today. If that is the case, I won't be able to do more for like a week or two, so therefore I uploaded a version now. Everything is done as far as I know except for the banners telling you where you are (for example, "Khuul" and so on).

I hope I'll have the time to do the rest tonight though. Would be fun to upload another pack already.
lysol

Post by lysol »

Mystery solved! When I was searching for the name of the texture this model uses, I found out that the name indeed is "tx_guarskin". So yup, it is some kind of leather then, made from guar skin. The banners are obviously made from the same material as that, so I'll stick with the style I have now.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Yup, they look awesome. Keep up the good work! My OpenMW is starting a transformation. :D Hehehe.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

@lysol: I can't wait to check out the new textures - time to reinstall OpenMW after having set up my computer last weekend. :)
GreyFox

Post by GreyFox »

I think leather makes sense, since the Dunmer are using a lot of organic animal materials in general. The tapestry is probably more expensive and reserved for temples and rich houses, and most importantly indoors. You wouldn't want to put some work intensive tapestry out in the rain and ash storms. The leather signs are probably repainted often using sticky, resilient paint.

As for the building material I think it is Adobe. See my post here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3493#p39056
lysol

Post by lysol »

Yes, probably adobe, with clay plaster or something similar. That's what I aimed for with the Hlaalu texture pack.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

It's really amazing what a few normals can do. <3
openmwfan27

Post by openmwfan27 »

Have you thought about adding height info to the normal maps so we can get the parallax mapping effect? Would be good for stone floors and other textures which have more geometry to them then say a smooth wall.