Weird FPS behavior

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
Netchythenetch

Weird FPS behavior

Post by Netchythenetch »

Hello everyone, I apologize if this isn't the correct section. I have a weird and recurring bug with OpenMW, and before you ask, I noticed this "bug" in the last 4 versions of OpenMW; i also posted on this forum before asking for advice.
After a while, my fps drop to 4-5, even 0, and stay that way. I have an Nvidia GeForge 840M, an Intel Core i7 and windows 10. The only graphic mods I have installed are a light texture pack and a mesh improvement (no morrowind rebirth, no huge cities overhauls, nothing that could have a huge impact my fps). This laptop has also a fully modded Skyrim and Oblivion. I also tried to install vanilla Morrowind and MSGO (to see the difference) and I always have 30 fps, with medium settings. I can safely say that hardware is not an issue here :D . It almost seems that OpenMW gets "tired" and stops working properly
I hope I'm not the only one.
Thank you in advance for your reply!
Capostrophic

Re: Weird FPS behavior

Post by Capostrophic »

Perhaps CPU could no longer deal with physics and gave up.
Netchythenetch

Post by Netchythenetch »

Just wanted to post a screenshot with the problem. I also forgot to mention that I had this problem before with a completely different pc.
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
Capostrophic

Post by Capostrophic »

Press F3 two times if it happens again and make a screenshot.
Netchythenetch

Post by Netchythenetch »

Here you go!
openmwfan27

Post by openmwfan27 »

I have the exact same problem with the physics mainly in balmora but it's happened in other places too. Issuing a 'ra' fixes the issue some of the time, and when it does the 'fix' only lasts from a couple of seconds to a minute maximum. The physics goes through the roof for some reason.

There seems to be more info here: https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3355

I only started running into this issue with 0.39, 0.38 and 0.37 didn't have this issue for me at least.
Netchythenetch

Post by Netchythenetch »

openmwfan27 wrote: There seems to be more info here: https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/3355
So i take it that this is an issue that will only be addressed only in version 1.0? Too bad. I'll have to wait! Thanks.
lysol

Post by lysol »

The target version might change, the fix might come earlier. Scrawl is usually lightning fast with the bug fixes. You just have to wait and see.
Netchythenetch

Post by Netchythenetch »

lysol wrote:The target version might change, the fix might come earlier. Scrawl is usually lightning fast with the bug fixes. You just have to wait and see.
I'll wait and see, then. Thank you! ;)