[WIP] The Forgotten Release Commentaries

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
DestinedToDie

Re: [WIP] The Forgotten Release Commentaries

Post by DestinedToDie »

Regarding the saving indicator. If your save file size is too big, the indicator will not show up and you will see the normal loading bar that you see in vanilla engine. In other words, quicksave indicator only appears with fresh characters that haven´t changed the world too much yet and can thus save in the blink of an eye. At least that has been my observation during playtesting.

Is this unintended Scrawl? Didn´t think so, but your post seems to suggest it is.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Atahualpa wrote:@raevol: The version overlay is only used to indicate scenes using older versions of OpenMW. Every scene without any overlay was recorded using the current release (in this case, v0.38.0). May this confuse our viewers? I thought it to be rather self-explanatory, and having overlays in each and every scene is rather annoying.
I think you could be fine leaving them off, but I also think it would be good to have them on. What do other people think?
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

@Loriel: Changes applied! :)

@raevol: Well, I omitted additional overlays in all the other videos, and nobody has complained so far. Did WeirdSexy use overlays for the particular recent version?

@DestinedToDie: You could be right. I did an extensive exploration tour before recording the abovementioned scene, and older savegames definitely showed the quicksave indicator.

Anyway, the WIP version of the OpenMW-CS video has been uploaded. It only lasts 4 minutes.
I added some NPC dialogue at the end of the video. It would be nice if someone proofread this part.

------------------------------------------------
>>> https://youtu.be/mMMz6t-LFb0 <<<
Loriel

Post by Loriel »

Text transcript looks good (CS 0.38).

Only comment is pronunciation - "elegant" (line 33, about 2 minutes 30 secs) should have hard g, not soft.

Loriel
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Yep, I see.

@scrawl, @Zini: Any complaints regarding the CS video, or further ones regarding the engine video? If not I will cast a restoration spell on both videos and then upload the final versions on friday.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Sorry or the delay. Was away yesterday. Looks all good.
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Just a quick update: The final videos are ready but Windows Movie Maker decided to have some fun with me lasting for hours, thus neither a German translation nor subtitles until tomorrow - i.e. today, eh, later.

Feel free to point out any remaining mistakes (e.g. black screens) that I missed - and God bless Microsoft.

>>> https://youtu.be/xNvn8y5D57E <<<
>>> https://youtu.be/o8pD7pE48wo <<<
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

The videos for v0.38.0 have been published. :)
This includes, as always, English CC and German subtitles.

Tomorrow, I'll take a break from doing videos, and then start work on the 0.39 videos.

@Okulo: Feel free to write a small news post like you did for the 0.37 videos. :)
lysol

Post by lysol »

Nice, the view count is increasing fast. :) Good job Atahualpa! Really appreciate the time you put into these.