Podcasting Ability/Status

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
ElderTroll

Re: Podcasting Ability/Status

Post by ElderTroll »

Hey, why not update the OpenMW faq video? It's really outdated (levitating and motionless NPCs) and still references Ogre3d. You could emphasize that it is playable, but not quite feature complete. If the version number was displayed in thr top corner the video could be modular, so parts can be replaced as more features are completed.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Why no just use Ubuntu... :shock:
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

raevol wrote:Why no just use Ubuntu... :shock:
Because I don't wanna.
ElderTroll wrote:Hey, why not update the OpenMW faq video?
Because I'm inactive, remember? ;)

I don't want to talk about (read: plan) producing any videos for the project until I don't have any roadblocks and I've actually sat down and made a narrated test video about an openmw feature or FAQ or something.
raevol

Post by raevol »

WeirdSexy wrote:Because I don't wanna.
But but....
WeirdSexy wrote:Linux was getting in my way. So, until I can work on that problem separately, I decided to see what could be done on Windows.
:?
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

@WeirdSexy: Don't let people get wind of your tests. They all miss your voice, and if there appears to be a chance - no matter how small it may be - that you could return, I can set up my "pitchforks & torches" stall once again, to serve the furious mob.

Here's my current setup on Windows, if this is of any help to you:

Audio recording/editing: Audacity 2.1.2
Video recording: Open Broadcaster Software v0.657b
(Video converting: MediaCoder v0.8.41)
Video editing: Windows Movie Maker 2012
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

well ...

https://youtu.be/Xsrlz3E2xmQ

That was more painful to make than I would like.

Tool stack was Bandicam, Ardour (slightly crashy), Shotcut (slightly finicky, moderately crashy), and Audacity (for audio ducking). Again, on Windows.

Ideally, I'd like to take Audacity out of the equation and figure out some sidechain compression or whatever directly in the video editor. I'm not sure that's possible in shotcut, but in any case it's something I'll have to tackle on another day.

I'm not sure if it's just a Windows issue, but the frequency of crashes with shotcut and, to a lesser degree, ardour definitely got in my way.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Final product is hilariously awesome though. :D
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

Congratulations, you've just recorded our new OpenMW FAQ video! :D

Your voice sounds a bit stressed (or tired) though - but that's due to the long break, I suppose. Apart from that the video is awesome. It definitely gets me nostalgic, and I feel the urge of spiking a certain Bosmer with a spear.
lysol

Post by lysol »

WeirdSexy wrote:well ...

Tool stack was Bandicam, Ardour (slightly crashy), Shotcut (slightly finicky, moderately crashy), and Audacity (for audio ducking). Again, on Windows.

Ideally, I'd like to take Audacity out of the equation and figure out some sidechain compression or whatever directly in the video editor. I'm not sure that's possible in shotcut, but in any case it's something I'll have to tackle on another day.

I'm not sure if it's just a Windows issue, but the frequency of crashes with shotcut and, to a lesser degree, ardour definitely got in my way.
WOHOOO! :D

Don't have any speakers at my work, so I'll look when I come home. Welcome back Weird! :)

EDIT: Heh. Very funny, but I realised I was a bit too enthusiastic when I saw the "disclaimer"-box in the video. :) Still very funny though, and it's nice to hear that sexy voice of yours again.
Last edited by lysol on 08 Mar 2016, 09:29, edited 1 time in total.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

WeirdSexy wrote:well ...

It's like we've got our very own Daria. Except with a much sexier voice.