Is this a bug?

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
openmwfan27

Is this a bug?

Post by openmwfan27 »

I am having trouble walking through a tunnel in vivec, there are two tunnels side by side and one of them i can walk though with no problems every time, the other one i can't.

Looking at the collision meshes it looks like there's some invisible thing in the way, with enough effort you can slip past it on occasion although its not possible to do on demand.

Can anyone test this on vanilla to see if it happens? I noticed this a while back and didn't think much of it until i saw a few physics bugs on the bugtracker recently so i thought i'd mention it.

I'm not sure if it's something to do with my setup or if it's an actual bug and can't test it on vanilla myself so i didn't want to add it to the bug tracker right away.

I'm running 0.38 on Xubuntu linux.

Attached is a video showing the issue i'm running into: http://www.filedropper.com/omwbug
Atahualpa

Re: Is this a bug?

Post by Atahualpa »

I can confirm this bug on Windows 7 using the release version 0.38.0. I created a new character, and only activated the main game and the two expansions.

If you don't want to download the video: The location is the Palace of Vivec, the first two tunnels below the great stairs. While the rearmost tunnel is easily accessible, the front one is "blocked" on the left end.
K0kt409P

Post by K0kt409P »

Judging by the collision grid the behavior looks correct. Does vanilla behave differently?
Atahualpa

Post by Atahualpa »

I completely forgot to do the vanilla test the first time! :oops:

Indeed, the problem occurs in vanilla Morrowind (plus the expansions), too. The only difference is that it is easier to access the tunnel from the left side than it is in OpenMW. Leaving the tunnel when coming from the right side is as diffictult as in OpenMW. - Maybe that has to do with the different collision shapes?