Launcher's Data Files suggestions

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
pvdk

Re: Launcher's Data Files suggestions

Post by pvdk »

We used to have a context menu in the launcher, dunno what happened to that. Quite easy to re-add it though.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Lost during one of the iterations. The content file selector has seen quite a bit of back and forth.
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

After version 1.0.0 is completed and improved, it would be great to see an optional advanced interface like the one used for MGE XE. I'm thinking of under the Settings tab you could have Advanced Settings which would open up much more precise and alternative choices like what MGE XE does.
dteviot

Post by dteviot »

Zini wrote:Lost during one of the iterations. The content file selector has seen quite a bit of back and forth.
ROFL.
As I seem to have inherited the job of maintaining the launcher, I'll see what I can do.
No promises, and I won't be able to do anything until next weekend at the earliest.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Thanks. No hurry.
dteviot

Post by dteviot »

@Tes96
PR submitted where Multiselect is turned on and added context menu to allow check/uncheck the multi-selected items.

I believe this satisfies the request. Sorry for the delay.

Default behaviour in QT is a bit non-intuitive.
  • If use control click to select items and do a drag, items will be added in order they were selected, which may not match their positional order.
  • If click/unclick files using menu, more files than the selected ones may be changed, due to current logic to enable/disable based on file dependancies.
Will be interesting to see what feedback Zini comes back with.
Zini

Post by Zini »

If use control click to select items and do a drag, items will be added in order they were selected, which may not match their positional order.
This we need to iterate on. Surely it is possible to find the original order of the selected items and then use this order for the drop part.
If click/unclick files using menu, more files than the selected ones may be changed, due to current logic to enable/disable based on file dependancies.
This I do not see as a problem.