OpenMW 0.35.0 loading errors

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Lazaroth

Re: OpenMW 0.35.0 loading errors

Post by Lazaroth »

Tes96 wrote:
scrawl wrote:Plugins should not crash OpenMW under any circumstances. Please attach the crashing plugin here.
Where do I find it? Is it the "openmw" document under My Games folder? Or is it in the actual OpenMW folder?
I believe he is referring to "Skyrim_Exterior.esp", since you said that was the offending plugin. Just compress it with zip/rar/7z and attach it to a post here, or if it's too large, link it from somewhere else.
sjek

Post by sjek »

As far as understand they are not public before releases.... landmasses at least. Maybe record structure with esmtool without the actual content... but that again goes for same if one knows them..
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

I just discovered that I can drag any esm or esp up and down the loading list, which is by far the best approach I've seen. In Wrye Mash, you have to change the dates of the plugins to get them to load before or after other plugins. And what's great is that the Launcher tells you if a plugin is loaded before its corresponding ESM by the yellow triangle icon. Improvements that could be made would be a select all/deselect all box at the top (similar to how you can check box all of your emails or PMs at once) and a Save feature to save a current load list that you manually created.

Here are the two logs after running 0.35.0 with Skyrim_Exterior.esp. Still getting the crash-to-desktop. I messaged the guys at SHOTN if I may send your team the file so you can see what's wrong. There shouldn't be any hassle but I'd rather ask beforehand.

ogre.log
Spoiler: Show

openmw.log
Spoiler: Show
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

I downloaded the latest 64-bit nightly from here. I installed a clean version of Skyrim_Exterior.esp and it works fine. But now, TR_Landmass.esp is causing a crash, and it wasn't before. The game loads just fine when it is deselected. Any suggestions or ideas?
sjek

Post by sjek »

Is there any possibility of duplicate land in one coordinate ?

As of now the savegame info is overwriting the mod changes if reference already exixts for being in the save side.

Can you try with clean one and putting

Skip-menu=1
Start=Pelagiad

Or where you wanna start in openmw.cfg in mygames one. The generation is skipped so mods that depends on chargenstate needs to be manually started.
https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw script-run= ouhg to be handy.

Fixme function is problematic on detecting collision shapes moving around lighningspeed or if teleported how to ensure that player stays inside playable area. Maybe nearer 1.0

Edit: can you try with newest nightly. Don't know exactly which one this got merged https://bugs.openmw.org/projects/openmw ... b75634569e
Tes96

Post by Tes96 »

sjek wrote:Is there any possibility of duplicate land in one coordinate ?

As of now the savegame info is overwriting the mod changes if reference already exixts for being in the save side.

Can you try with clean one and putting

Skip-menu=1
Start=Pelagiad

Or where you wanna start in openmw.cfg in mygames one. The generation is skipped so mods that depends on chargenstate needs to be manually started.
https://github.com/OpenMW/openmw script-run= ouhg to be handy.

Fixme function is problematic on detecting collision shapes moving around lighningspeed or if teleported how to ensure that player stays inside playable area. Maybe nearer 1.0

Edit: can you try with newest nightly. Don't know exactly which one this got merged https://bugs.openmw.org/projects/openmw ... b75634569e
Aha, it was a duplicate. Somehow when I downloaded TR_Mainland plugin I renamed it as a master file instead of a plugin, although I don't recall doing that. And so that's why I wound up with TR_Mainland plugin and master file. I thought it was strange that there were two master files for Tamriel-Rebuilt. OpenMW works fine now. Thanks for suggesting the duplicate plugin, Sjek.

Other issues:

1. Alpha mapping issues? Some boulders are black and white.
2. Extremely limited field-of-view. I have it set to Far and it's almost the same as vanilla Near view.
3. HUD turning black. This happened a couple times before in the Cyrodiil map yesterday. The HUD will start turning black all of a sudden and will stay that way for a minute or so. The terrain and world are fine; it's just the Heads-Up-Display. Then it slowly gets better and better.
4. Spell list still not displaying its heads-up-display information, like Spells, Magical Items, etc...
sjek

Post by sjek »

np. tesannwyn land kinda tricky

1. that might be shader emiisive and specularity values via blender. is there diffuse, detail, etc maps different from seen rocks ?
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2681&start=40

2. that can be extended from settings.cfg field of view = 130 line. playability comes in play thought as the zoom is pincthed making a tunnel at 179 angle. somehow related to camera as it clips upside down at 181 and also somewhere in forum posts. didn't spot from code quickly. can be also my 4:3 window as problem

3. sounds something related to MyGui usage. does the options menu also dim ?

4. https://bugs.openmw.org/issues/2410#change-10952 .... misfire

does enablemagicmenu in console just after picking class and sign give them ?