Crowdfunding

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
lysol

Re: Crowdfunding (again)

Post by lysol »

Indeed! I just realised, if I continue to donate for this every month, then I donate to two charity organizations that help poor people in the third world with various stuff, one "twin child" (is that really what "fadderbarn" is in english?!) from Burundi and scrawl. There are problems in this world that needs to be solved, and ONE of them is that Morrowind needs a new engine. Haha. :)
dEnigma

Post by dEnigma »

Google translate tells me "fadderbarn" means "god child"/"sponsored child" which makes more sense ;)
lysol

Post by lysol »

Ok guys this is going too slow. Scrawl needs more pizzas!
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Re: Crowdfunding

Post by lgromanowski »

Hi,
I started a campaign for covering website costs: https://pledgie.com/campaigns/28366 (button is on blog). At this moment server cost are as follow:
- server - 600PLN (~165USD) / 1yr
- domain - 35PLN (~9.5USD) / 1yr
- SSL certificate - 60USD / 2yr

Information about donations and expenses will be published (without personal information), so anyone could verify them.
swick

Post by swick »

It might make sense to add a donations page to the website and to the main navigation where we can list all ways to donate. It's more visible than a small spot on the side of the blog which you only see after scrolling a whole page and it would make it easier for scrawl to get drive-by donations. Currently you have to dig through the forums to find out that a developer is working full-time on OpenMW and takes donations.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Donations were never intended to be part of this project, as we don't want to walk into a legal grey area of accepting money for working on someone else's property. I'm not sure if that's changed.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Scrawl has being accepting donations for quite a while now (without problems). I think we are okay at this point, if we ask for donations purely for covering server costs.
swick

Post by swick »

All I'm proposing is to make the crowdfunding more visible because currently it is really hard to find.
lgromanowski
Site Admin

Post by lgromanowski »

swick wrote:All I'm proposing is to make the crowdfunding more visible because currently it is really hard to find.
I moved it to the upper left side of webpage (below search field).
raevol

Post by raevol »

Zini wrote:I think we are okay at this point, if we ask for donations purely for covering server costs.
Roger, sounds good.