OpenFallout

For new and upcoming OpenMW branches and ports; move fast and break things!
philip92dk

OpenFallout

Post by philip92dk »

hi i want to use OpenMW as a base to make a OpenFallout (Fallout 3 and new vegas) but i dont know to make OpenMW open the Fallout ESM/BSA files
SquireNed

Re: OpenFallout

Post by SquireNed »

OpenMW does not support Oblivion/Skyrim/Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas data files. For now, the tools used for OpenMW work with an older version of the files, and are not compatible with the more modern data.
philip92dk

Post by philip92dk »

SquireNed wrote:OpenMW does not support Oblivion/Skyrim/Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas data files. For now, the tools used for OpenMW work with an older version of the files, and are not compatible with the more modern data.
is it possible to recoded OpenMW so it can read the tes4 files (Oblivion/Skyrim/Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas data files)?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

philip92dk wrote:is it possible to recoded OpenMW so it can read the tes4 files (Oblivion/Skyrim/Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas data files)?
Sure, go ahead and be sure to send us the patch when it's ready. :)
Aveline

Post by Aveline »

I'll be waiting, because it's sounds great!
rstevenson1976

Post by rstevenson1976 »

yeah, I'll be waiting for skyrim as well, it's the only reason that wine is even installed on my system
HiPhish

Post by HiPhish »

You guys will have to wait a long time then, so far no one has even considered working on that.
CaveDoctor

Post by CaveDoctor »

I'm not a coder, but I'd love to assemble a team for this project, and get to work.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

CaveDoctor wrote: 03 Oct 2018, 03:25 I'm not a coder, but I'd love to assemble a team for this project, and get to work.
We've been waiting a _long_ time for someone(s) to help here. :) Feel free!

cc9cii has been doing a lot of work here.
CaveDoctor

Post by CaveDoctor »

Reviewed his channel, and downloaded a copy of the source code for OpenMW.
I spoke with several people on Reddit.
I made a post and am naming the project OpenNuka, the post is in the off topic section that is home to this post.
I need people, and we're going to need a private forum, I need to get that set up this weekend.
After the discussions take place here, I want to keep them private until we have something to show.