Widescreen on the main menu ?

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
AlphaMode2

Widescreen on the main menu ?

Post by AlphaMode2 »

Im using 2880x1880, and when I play its widescreen. It fills my whole screen except when I'm on the starting menu. (New, Load, Options, Credits, Exit). Is this something with my settings or isn't this implemented yet? I couldn't find anything on https://bugs.openmw.org. So, yeah, that would be nice to have.
scrawl

Re: Widescreen on the main menu ?

Post by scrawl »

The reason we don't fill the whole screen is because the Morrowind main menu background and loading screens were created for a 4:3 aspect ratio.
Some users might prefer stretching, though. Maybe we should add an option to do that.
AlphaMode2

Post by AlphaMode2 »

scrawl wrote:The reason we don't fill the whole screen is because the Morrowind main menu background and loading screens were created for a 4:3 aspect ratio.
Some users might prefer stretching, though. Maybe we should add an option to do that.
Yeah, do that please :), I have played with a 16:10 (?) aspect ratio on Morrowind for about 100 or so hours and I never really noticed anything out of the unusual (It didn't look too stretched).
sjek

Post by sjek »

rezizing to window boundaries is kinda default but talking into account the number of file formats what freeimage supports the tretching could be hard to do without resulting to clitches. in many games the loading is buggy at the start.
would this go with Qt functions?

does these solve the problem for widescreen .?

http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/31012/? has also wide screen version mod.
http://mw.modhistory.com/search?searcht=menu
ezze

Post by ezze »

Artists! Anyone for a new 360° main menu background?
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

Ok, so I added a setting.

Please note this will also apply to cutscenes (not doing so would cause problems, since the animated MW logo before the menu shows, as well as the Credits screen, are technically cutscenes). I'm not really sure what to do about this problem. Add two more settings? One for main menu cut scenes and one for real cut scenes? Then how do we define what a main menu cutscene is? For instance, does the Bethesda Logo count as one? I think I'll leave it as it is for the sake of simplicity.
AlphaMode2

Post by AlphaMode2 »

scrawl wrote:Ok, so I added a setting.

Please note this will also apply to cutscenes (not doing so would cause problems, since the animated MW logo before the menu shows, as well as the Credits screen, are technically cutscenes). I'm not really sure what to do about this problem. Add two more settings? One for main menu cut scenes and one for real cut scenes? Then how do we define what a main menu cutscene is? For instance, does the Bethesda Logo count as one? I think I'll leave it as it is for the sake of simplicity.
For me, everything should be widescreen. Cutscenes, loading screens, Bethesda logo, everything. So thats good, Thanks!!