Every little thing she does

Feel free to discuss here about news on our blog
Okulo

Every little thing she does

Post by Okulo »

We're in lock for version 0.32.0. That means that release candidate packages are being built for each platform and any bugs and other problems are cleaned up.

So what got in, last-minute? The most significant news is that the Light spell now works, creating light as it should. This in and of itself isn't very exciting, but what is worth mentioning about it is that it was the last magic spell to be implemented. That's right - all magic effects are in! This feature was the second oldest issue on the tracker (#47, right between Creature Animation and NPC Dialogue System - the newest issue is numbered #1857, just to give you an idea), marking another big leap in OpenMW's completion.

In fact, feature-wise there isn't all that much left. If we take our list of open features and filter out the editor jobs and everything post-1.0, we can see that this project has less than thirty features left to implement.

Of course, that doesn't mean that 1.0 is right around the corner. There are over 200 issues to be worked through before that, after all. But those 200 issues are mostly bugs and if you've seen our last release video, you know that our development team has people on board that squish bugs with an impressive pace. (In fact, personally I am quite convinced that Scrawl in particular is secretly a robot.)

So when will 0.32.0 arrive? Very soon. The team is in the final stages of pushing the release out, so hang in there. It won't be long before you'll be wizarding like Myrddin.
ElderTroll

Re: Every little thing she does

Post by ElderTroll »

Nice as usual, okulo. Thanks for doing these!
laxon

Post by laxon »

Awesome news. Love the comparison between the change in earliest issues. Really shows the scope of the work done.
DarkAnsem

Post by DarkAnsem »

this is going very fast, much faster than I expected.
after performance, only community features will remain lol :P
dreamer1986

Post by dreamer1986 »

Hello!

Thanks for working on OpenMW. I am very happy to see that its so close to completion, but I wanted to ask in how much time do you estimate that version 1 will come out? I am anxious to start playing :P
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Why wait, start playing today! :)

Help us track down bugs. :)
dreamer1986

Post by dreamer1986 »

psi29a wrote:Why wait, start playing today! :)

Help us track down bugs. :)
That sounds sooo tempting, but usually serious bugs completely destroy my immersion and ruin my mood to play.

But do all the quests work? I might be willing to try to play if they all work.
raevol

Post by raevol »

dreamer1986 wrote:But do all the quests work? I might be willing to try to play if they all work.
Every quest that I have tried has worked. But of course I have not tried them all.
lef42

Post by lef42 »

The main quest works and mages guild i know from playing
lysol

Post by lysol »

lef42 wrote:The main quest works and mages guild i know from playing
Mages guild was temporarily broken on 0.31 (I think it was that version) so I'd recommend either to wait til 0.32 or download the latest nightly.