BSA INI Stuff

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Zini

Re: BSA INI Stuff

Post by Zini »

Let the content files specify which archives they need.
Chris

Post by Chris »

I'm not sure of any "official" plans, but what I'd like is to have matching bsa names auto-loaded with a mod. E.g., if you select Something.esm/esp/omwgame/omwaddon, it will automatically load Something.bsa/zip/7z if it exists.

Alternatively, there's the way something like Mod Organizer works. Each mod gets installed into its own directory, which includes the esms/esps, bsas, and loose files (each mod is stored separately, so you'll never overwrite any files, and the base game directories remain completely untouched). Enabling the mod package makes those esms/esps available for selection, and making the bsas and loose files get seen by the game.

Here's an on-going video series talking about it. Some features we already have in some form (like profiles), but it has many more other ideas that I think are worth looking at.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Either we are going to have what you describe or the variant where the content file explicit specifies the archive(s) it needs, with an archive with the same name as the content file being the default set by OpenCS. We will have to look at the usefulness of the additional flexibility offered by the 2nd option. There may be some cases were it comes in handy and it would also save us looking for archives in the case of content files that do not have additional resources. But we can decide about that when we are going to implement this feature (1.2-ish, I guess).