Wake up call

Feel free to discuss here about news on our blog
Zini

Re: Wake up call

Post by Zini »

Okulo wrote:I hope so. :) My personal philosophy is that these newsposts are the world's window into the project and not just "We did x, y and z. Bye now." It's just that people don't want to have to dig through endless logs on several websites and hang out on IRC all day, but the people working on OpenMW have always been a big advocate for transparency.
+1
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Absolutly. You all are doing great job so keep it up. :)
RounCole

Post by RounCole »

So... Is there some kind of release yet?
SquireNed

Post by SquireNed »

Like 0.31? Check the downloads section above. There used to be some nightly builds, which I think may be working again (some troubles with Ace's setup), but I don't remember for sure whether or not they resolved. As for the android build, it's floating around somewhere, but I'm not able to find it or remember where it was off the top of my head and it's not really going to be feasible on all but the most hardcore of Android devices for a while because of the fact that OpenMW is waiting on some library optimization.
claudekennilol

Post by claudekennilol »

Okulo wrote:I hope so. :) My personal philosophy is that these newsposts are the world's window into the project and not just "We did x, y and z. Bye now." It's just that people don't want to have to dig through endless logs on several websites and hang out on IRC all day, but the people working on OpenMW have always been a big advocate for transparency.

My personal aim then is to be the bridge between the fans (of which I am one) and the developers. That means that you get to hear what's happening in our community and what's going on behind the scenes. If you have any feedback or want to know about a certain subject, I'd love to hear it.
I've been following openmw for years and have only jumped into the IRC channel, like, once with a very specific question. I don't have the time (or frankly the desire) to scour every possible resource for news, so it's much appreciated that it's all collated for our benefit. It's amazing the progress that's been made. And the recent (recent as opposed to when the project first started) weekly updates have done a good job of keeping us lay people informed.

edit: And omg, I'm super excited for the Android port, so hopefully that turns out to be feasible. I know there were some issues when it was first posted a week or two ago. I'm pretty sure my sony xperia z tab would be considered "a pretty good android device" so I'm hopeful that it'll work for me once it gets to a more playable state.
fanofyourwork

Post by fanofyourwork »

...It's looks like it's almost ready!!)
I know about buglist. But I must say, Your Work is Great!!
Thank You Guys !! :!: :!: :)