Android build openmw

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
sandstranger

Re: Android build openmw

Post by sandstranger »

Last edited by sandstranger on 01 Aug 2014, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
scrawl

Post by scrawl »

So disabling mipmaps makes the textures work. That is not a very good solution. As you can see the more distant textures appear grainy (that's what the mipmaps are for).

One possible cause is if your graphics card/driver reports support for hardware mipmapping, but hasn't implemented it properly. Please try to comment this line in OgreGLES2RenderSystem.cpp and check if mipmaps work now:

Code: Select all

// Hardware support mipmapping
        rsc->setCapability(RSC_AUTOMIPMAP);
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

Last edited by sandstranger on 01 Aug 2014, 16:45, edited 3 times in total.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Do you mind if I share your accomplishment on the Bethesda forums, sandstranger?

Edit: on second thought, the moderators might not take kindly to the fact that you have the Morrowind data files on a mobile computer with no CD-ROM drive.
sandstranger

Post by sandstranger »

Last edited by sandstranger on 01 Aug 2014, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

So how do you get the data files on your android device? Are there any legal issues with requiring users to copy the games data files to the device manually before you can use it?
wheybags

Post by wheybags »

No, of course not, you can have as many copies of your own data as you want.
ElderTroll

Post by ElderTroll »

This is great work Sandstranger. We should share this on the ogre3d forums as well. If someone could take a video of an android device running OpenMW, Weirdsexy could easily cut it into the release video. Just keep the camera steady.
Chris

Post by Chris »

scrawl wrote:So disabling mipmaps makes the textures work. That is not a very good solution. As you can see the more distant textures appear grainy (that's what the mipmaps are for).
According to the forum post he linked to, the problem is having mipmapping enabled on render textures, not mipmaps in general. We should probably forcefully disable mipmapping on renderable textures instead of leaving it as the default setting.
Xelasarg

Post by Xelasarg »

I know it's a bit early for troubleshooting, but I can't get OpenMW to work on my Note 2 (Kitkat 4.4.2). The first time I ran the first build, it dropped back to the desktop without a crash message, but ever since I get force closes, no matter which of the three builds I try.

I've attached a catlog, if anyone is interested (can't post it as spoiler because it contains too many characters... :geek: ).
Attachments
OpenMW_crash_log.txt
(189.76 KiB) Downloaded 747 times