Commentary Videos Translations

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
nnayo

Re: Commentary Videos Translations

Post by nnayo »

v0.27.0 french version:
openmw_v0.27.0_french_captions.txt
(6.48 KiB) Downloaded 272 times
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Requesting Translations for v0.28.0

English Captions: http://pastebin.com/YMKNyYeg

Thanks to all who translate!
heilkitty

Post by heilkitty »

TheMechanist

Post by TheMechanist »

German: http://pastebin.com/gmSqitzP
This has not been crossread, therefore I guarantee for nothing ;)
Is there a way to test it before releasing it? I'm afraid the timing might not fit well for some parts...
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

Russian and German captions uploaded.

The Mechanist: I don't remember enough German to be useful, but it seems like there is probably not enough time to read some of your translations and at times, a bit much information is on the screen at once in some sections.

You can view the video here: http://youtu.be/x9lTWjXAi9s

Aside from the tedious process of manually adjusting captions sections and timings, I'm not sure what the best advice for solving those problems is. Anyway, it's good to have the translations!
TheMechanist

Post by TheMechanist »

Here's an updated version: http://pastebin.com/e9DKBFL6
Fixed some grammar an typos. Unfortunately I had to drop your qt-spelling part. I couldn't figure out a way to implement it without looking awkward, sorry :oops:
If anybody else with German capabilities would watch this it would be of much help :D
I personally could follow the timing quite well. However this doesn't have to apply to everybody :roll:
It's very likely that the text still contains punctuation faults. Thats my bad point in writing in German :oops:
HiPhish

Post by HiPhish »

EDIT: Sorry for being late, but I can't go over it all again, so please excuse the parts you have already fixed.
TheMechanist wrote:This has not been crossread, therefore I guarantee for nothing ;)
Line 27: you have to capitalise "Königin" and you forgot the last letter in "wiederfinde[n]".
Line 36: you shouldn't make two sentences out of one. You can connect them together like this:
Das Ganze macht auch den Weg für Gesichtsanimationen frei, die sich allerdings zur Zeit noch in Arbeit befinden.
Line 39: stay closer to the original, there is a German idiom for "out of the question":
Wie man sehen kann ist Lippenlesen außer Frage für's Nächste.
Line 42: same thing:
NPCs sind nun schlaue genug ihre Fackeln für die Nacht aufzuheben.
Line 45: "der Letzte" is a noun in this case and must be capitalised
So ganz zwischen mir und dir: Fargoth war der Letzte, der das begriffen hat.
The rule is explained here:
http://www.duden.de/sprachwissen/rechts ... eibung#K72
Line 54: again, if it's one sentence keep it one sentence:
Zurzeit sind nur NPCs die von vorne herein dem Spieler feindlich gegenüber eingestellt sind davon betroffen und greifen ihn nun
Line 72: "begriffen" has to be lower case
Line 84: again, keep it one sentence, otherwise the timing between speech and text will be off:
Die Übertragung von Krankheiten selbst allerdings noch nicht, demensprechend könnt ihr euch mit der Krankheit
Line 99: Im not sure about this, according to grammar there is a bunch of superfluous capitalisation, but maybe you were trying to mimic the game's terminology? Here is the text with grammatically correct capitalisation:
Der Spieler kann nun auf sich selbst zielende, durch Berührung zielende und auf ein entferntes Ziel wirkende Magie nutzen.
Line 104 & 105: don't stray too much from the original:
0:03:10.659,0:03:15.000
Technisch gesehen sind auch NPCs dazu in der Lage, allerdings ist die dafür zuständige KI

0:03:15.000,0:03:16.280
noch nicht eingebaut.
Line 108: you forgot to translate "at least":
Mindestens bis zur nächsten Veröffentlichung solltet ihr also nicht damit rechnen.
Line 11: superfluous letter in "fehlende"
Des weiteren wurden tonnenweise fehlende magischer Effekten in dieser Veröffentlichung eingebaut.
Line 116 - 120: one sentence and make it certain they will be implemented. Even if that might not be the case, the spoken audio says so:
0:03:30.260,0:03:34.329
Außerdem sind zahlreiche weitere Effekte bereits fertig oder kurz davor fertig zu werden, und sie werden in der

0:03:34.329,0:03:41.329
nächsten Veröffentlichung enthalten sein.
Line 144: were does the "Aber wisst ihr" come from?
Falls ihr euch mit C++ und dem
Line 148: it's spelled "cute", not "qute"
Line 154: "zuschauen" is a noun in this case and needs to be capitalised:
Vielen Dank fürs Zuschauen.
TheMechanist

Post by TheMechanist »

Thank you very much for crossreading it. Seems like I'm not able to write in my own language as well as thought I can - and I'm not sarcastic here :oops: Well at last I need definitely to work on some technically points e.g. one sentence = one sentence :roll:
I will fix this tomorrow and upload a new version. It looks like I really need to have s.o. take a look on it before the release next time...
Without anybody willing to do so here (?), I think my translations quality is to low to be released. And I don't want do spill bad wine on fine bread :?
HiPhish

Post by HiPhish »

Just fix what I've pointed out and it should be good to go. The question is, what is better, a flawed translation that still conveys the message, or no translation at all? I had translated a couple of videos, but I don't have the time for it anymore, so it's good that you took over. As long as you can still convey the meaning and stick to grammar rules it should be good enough, you are not working as a translator for an embassy.
raevol

Post by raevol »

HiPhish wrote:you are not working as a translator for an embassy.
Heresy!!

Kidding, kidding... :D