Skywind Developer Plug Video

Not about OpenMW? Just about Morrowind in general? Have some random babble? Kindly direct it here.
indiedeveloper

Skywind Developer Plug Video

Post by indiedeveloper »

Hey Everyone,

Just doing a little plug for anybody who might want help with the project. Promise what goes around comes around, and OpenMW going to get some exciting resources to work with in the future :)

We've made a development video to try and stir up more contributors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJwpaVw ... e=youtu.be
WeirdSexy

Re: Skywind Developer Plug Video

Post by WeirdSexy »

Freaking awesome video. I need to try my hand at voice acting. Will audition soon. Thanks for sharing.
indiedeveloper

Post by indiedeveloper »

Great thanks, just post some samples on this thread http://morroblivion.com/forums/skywind/ ... pment/3022

We really need more voice actors, especially females.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

WeirdSexy wrote:I need to try my hand at voice acting.
You mean you're not voice acting yet? If you have any acting talent, you should definitely give it a shot. Your voice would be quite popular. Try the Voice Acting Club. Avoid the Voice Acting Alliance.
indiedeveloper

Post by indiedeveloper »

Why avoid Voice Acting Alliance?
ezze

Post by ezze »

Do you need a thick italian accent voice set?
indiedeveloper

Post by indiedeveloper »

We've decided that the Morag Tong should sound like Italian Mafia members so they would be perfect :-P
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

indiedeveloper wrote:We've decided that the Morag Tong should sound like Italian Mafia members so they would be perfect :-P
If anything, the Cammona Tong should should sound like Italian mafia members (Whom I doubt actually sound like they do in the movies). But I think they should both just sound like .... Dunmer. Is it written anywhere in the lore that there are different accents spread across Vvardenfell or the whole of Morrowind?
pvdk

Post by pvdk »

Awesome video!

Would an open-source Daedric font be of any use to you? The guy who made this is currently working on a Magic Cards font. I saw in the video that you currently use a custom font for subtitles, but I think a Magic Cards-like font would look better for that.
Okulo

Post by Okulo »

indiedeveloper wrote:Why avoid Voice Acting Alliance?
The vast amount of people are there for teh animu ^__________^'' and are quite flaky and unprofessional. This goes for both the VAs and the projects, by the way. It suffers from its popularity, basically. (I used to be friends with one of the administrators there. Oh the fun we had with that crowd...)

The VAC might not look like much, but there's a great pool of talent there. It's much more worth investing your time and energy in that pool.