Latest version video reminded me of something..

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
Tarius

Re: Latest version video reminded me of something..

Post by Tarius »

OMG people, just pick a key and then have it reassignable.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Can't add new keybinds without a way to add new translatable text labels. Though even then, with as many keybinds as we already have, it would be best to avoid adding more unless necessary (IMO).
potatoesmaster

Post by potatoesmaster »

I would like to have advanced key bindings options. It is completely different from what we have now, so this is just an idea for a post-1.0 feature. ;)

Here is my wish list:
  • possibility to bind several keys to the same action
  • key sequence bindings
  • mode-dependent bindings: bind the same key to different actions depending on the UI state (ex.: activate/close container)
  • ability to bind all UI actions (ex.: click on close button) to keys
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

potatoesmaster wrote:I would like to have advanced key bindings options. It is completely different from what we have now, so this is just an idea for a post-1.0 feature. ;)

Here is my wish list:
  • possibility to bind several keys to the same action
  • key sequence bindings
  • mode-dependent bindings: bind the same key to different actions depending on the UI state (ex.: activate/close container)
  • ability to bind all UI actions (ex.: click on close button) to keys
Sounds difficult but I'm not sure, regardless this post should be a thread in and of itself.
claudekennilol

Post by claudekennilol »

I just know this was the first thing I missed when I started playing morrowind for PC (heck, I built my first pc just so I could play modded morrowind--not that I never played PC before, just this was my first computer dedicated to me). Of course I forgot about it until years later when fliggerty's mod reminded me of it and I mentioned it to him and he was able to re-implement it. And I think it's in the newer ES games, but I didn't play those as much as I played Morrowind. Sure, there might be a lot of keybinds currently, but this is the only shortcoming of the PC version over the xbox version. So if there's any way to agree on a key and just put it on there that'll make me happy (and I can remap it to whatever I want outside of the game so the specific key choice matters little to me).

(well, when I played on xbox, I often made use of the target-effect glitch that was patched out of the pc version (more commonly known as the soul trap glitch because most people didn't know it worked for any target / self spell and thought it was just soul trap / self spells - and by often I turned people into followers, made the mudcrab merchant my personal house pet. Things like that. Things that mods could just do without having to make "glitched" enchantments)) (oh, and mugging was patched out of the pc version, also)