Latest version video reminded me of something..

Feedback on past, current, and future development.
claudekennilol

Latest version video reminded me of something..

Post by claudekennilol »

So, being able to hit the activate button to close the inventory window reminded me of something.

In the xbox version of MW, you could press, uh, the black or white button (or some other button, haven't played the xbox version in a while, so you'll have to forgive me since I can't recall the specific button) to 'take all' on an open inventory. Obviously there's a button for this in the GUI, but it's far more convenient to have a keybind to do it. A la THIS that I asked of Fliggerty years ago. I don't know if the right click is the best button for the job as Fliggerty implemented, but something should be added.

Also, this can definitely be considered a 1.0 feature as "vanilla" Morrowind had this feature (a la the xbox as mentioned above).

edit: latest video at the time of writing this was v0.25.0
Chris

Re: Latest version video reminded me of something..

Post by Chris »

claudekennilol wrote:I don't know if the right click is the best button for the job as Fliggerty implemented
Definitely not. By default, right-click opens and closes your inventory and doubles to close containers, and I at least make liberal use of that. In the later games, I think it's actually the activation key that acts as Take All, and since the inventory key already matches the behavior of vanilla and the later games (to close containers), I'd think the activation key would really be the best key for Take All. Don't see why we need two different keybinds that close containers.
vorenon

Post by vorenon »

I'd think the activation key would really be the best key for Take All
Please no. I always used the activation key to close containers.

How about the A key? Skyrim uses it.
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

vorenon wrote:
I'd think the activation key would really be the best key for Take All
Please no. I always used the activation key to close containers.
I agree, please don't use the activation key for Take All, keep it as closing containers. The A key may work, but something like E or T would be better suited imho (A is a base movement control, which is the only quarrel I have with it being used like this).
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

why not have shift+space = take all?
TorbenC

Post by TorbenC »

sirherrbatka wrote:why not have shift+space = take all?
I like.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Or perhaps more generally, shift+close (i.e. shift + inventory key, or shift + activation key).
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

and clicking close while holding shift…
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Double click in the container window.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

Actually I don't like double click idea. Morrowind GUI does not use double click at all, using it in just one place for just one thing is not quite consistent IMHO.

Besides in the future we may wish allow to add more gui windows for mods. Double click could be used to collaps any window into the small icon (like in desktop computer enviroments) or perhaps bigger icon displaying some kind of information (dock-like). Well just any idea.