Journal task

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
Zini

Re: Journal task

Post by Zini »

Nope. The pages are completely blank, no matter if I add entries to the journal or not. No next/prev buttons or page numbers either.
gus

Post by gus »

Is it better now?
Zini

Post by Zini »

Yes. Works now.

I am stilling getting the debug output to cout (the journal entry text). Also, is the journal supposed to be that small? From what I remember the unused area around the book "window" was smaller. Haven't properly played MW for quite a while though; I might be wrong about this.
Zini

Post by Zini »

For clarification: The basic journal GUI goes into 0.12.0. Do you plan to work on the rest of the journal implementation for 0.13.0 or would you prefer something else?
gus

Post by gus »

I am stilling getting the debug output to cout (the journal entry text). Also, is the journal supposed to be that small? From what I remember the unused area around the book "window" was smaller. Haven't properly played MW for quite a while though; I might be wrong about this.
I don't know. For now, my implementation simply use the resolution of the journal texture.
For clarification: The basic journal GUI goes into 0.12.0. Do you plan to work on the rest of the journal implementation for 0.13.0 or would you prefer something else?
I would prefer something else. Here are a few task that interest me:
*NPC Dialogue window
*Inventory GUI
*review Caelum

and the NPC Dialogue window task is somewhat related to the journal task (use hypertext links, etc), so work from the NPC Dialogue window could possibly go in the journal as well.
Zini

Post by Zini »

and the NPC Dialogue window task is somewhat related to the journal task (use hypertext links, etc), so work from the NPC Dialogue window could possibly go in the journal as well.
I doubt that there will be a lot of overlap. But okay. The inventory UI should be handled later (see my 0.13.0 posting). But you are free to choose from the other two tasks.
Zini

Post by Zini »

btw. you still have the meshes orientation bug assigned to you. Assuming you are still interested, can you do it first? (after fixing the NPC activation problem). If you want to drop it, that is also okay.