master does not compile

Everything about development and the OpenMW source code.
swick

master does not compile

Post by swick »

Pulled the current master from zinnschlag/openmw and got the following errors.

Code: Select all

../../components/libcomponents.a(configurationmanager.cpp.o): In function `Cfg::ConfigurationManager::readConfiguration(boost::program_options::variables_map&, boost::program_options::options_description&)':
configurationmanager.cpp:(.text+0x4df): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::notify(boost::program_options::variables_map&)'
configurationmanager.cpp:(.text+0x512): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::notify(boost::program_options::variables_map&)'
configurationmanager.cpp:(.text+0x545): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::notify(boost::program_options::variables_map&)'
../../components/libcomponents.a(configurationmanager.cpp.o): In function `Cfg::ConfigurationManager::loadConfig(boost::filesystem3::path const&, boost::program_options::variables_map&, boost::program_options::options_description&)':
configurationmanager.cpp:(.text+0x6af): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::basic_parsed_options<char> boost::program_options::parse_config_file<char>(std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, boost::program_options::options_description const&, bool)'
configurationmanager.cpp:(.text+0x6cd): undefined reference to `boost::program_options::store(boost::program_options::basic_parsed_options<char> const&, boost::program_options::variables_map&, bool)'
collect2: ld gab 1 als Ende-Status zurück
make[2]: *** [omwlauncher] Fehler 1
make[1]: *** [apps/launcher/CMakeFiles/omwlauncher.dir/all] Fehler 2
make[1]: *** Warte auf noch nicht beendete Prozesse...
Seems to be a linking issue and therefor an issue with our cmake scripts...
(Ubuntu 11.10 x64, default deb sources for boost)
Zini

Re: master does not compile

Post by Zini »

Builds for me without problems.
swick

Post by swick »

that's bad for me. I dont know cmake so it will be very hard to fix it...
Zini

Post by Zini »

An error of this type should not happen. I don't think that there is a problem with the cmake script in master. Either your development environment is broken or the merge went wrong when you pulled my master branch.
swick

Post by swick »

i just cloned your repo in another directory run submodules update and got the same error while compiling. All boost packages are from the ubuntu repo and installed with aptitude install.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

Looks like its related to boost programoptions, I have to explicitly add it into vs2010 on windows, maybe you have to do something like that in linux. Sorry I can't help more.
Zini

Post by Zini »

I have to explicitly add it into vs2010 on windows, maybe you have to do something like that in linux.
You don't.

@swick: Can I see the complete build log (from the freshly cloned repository)?
swick

Post by swick »

Zini

Post by Zini »

Really strange. You could try to test, if this only affects the launcher or openmw too. The cmake variable you want to change is BUILD_LAUNCHER (adjusting it in CMakeCache.txt in your build directory should be sufficient).

Also you could check, if the cmake variable Boost_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_LIBRARY is set correctly.
swick

Post by swick »

if BUILD_LAUNCHER is set to off it works.
Boost_PROGRAM_OPTIONS_LIBRARY is set to /usr/lib/libboost_program_options-mt.so (symlink to /usr/lib/libboost_program_options.so.1.46.1 which also exists)