Icons: emblems

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
sirherrbatka

Re: Icon emblems

Post by sirherrbatka »

hmmm We are not getting any input on this.

If we gonna stick to that red arrow in the bottom right corner then I suggest that we can use double headed green arrow for objects that can have references and simply blue square for iteam with ID.

I can also make something with background, like in current status icons.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Not sure. That does not express that these groups have a subset relation. And yes, we definitely need more input on this.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

hmmm I'm not sure If I parsed you sentence correctly.

Making glyphs that will be small, readable, and expresing logic behind the groups looks like impossible task for me. Since small+readable requires simplicty while logical requires multiple symbols that just do not go well with simplicity and readability.

Anyway, is this important? I think that it's crucial to show information itself, but not hierarchy behind it since it does not apply to every case the same way. I really think that item that can be in the container is first of all item that be in the container and since container stores list of ID (it's crystal clear to see this in CS GUI and I think that OpenCS won't be very different) any item that can be putted into container has any ID.

IMHO Presenting information that should be already in the head of the opencs user seems to me more confusing then useful.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Making glyphs that will be small, readable, and expresing logic behind the groups looks like impossible task for me. Since small+readable requires simplicty while logical requires multiple symbols that just do not go well with simplicity and readability.
I wouldn't say impossible. Just very hard. And obviously we don't have to go for all or nothing here.
Anyway, is this important?
Somewhat. The ID case is less important. But we should show clearly that objects, that can go into a container are part of the referencable IDs group.
sirherrbatka

Post by sirherrbatka »

I'm gonna think about this.
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

Zini wrote:Not sure. That does not express that these groups have a subset relation. And yes, we definitely need more input on this.
I suggested that groups be shaded one color.
sirherrbatka

Re: Icons: emblems

Post by sirherrbatka »

Since nomadic works on referencable icon types I decisions about emblems are his domain. I will correct my icons when needed.