OpenMW cries out for its champions

General discussion regarding the OpenMW project.
For technical support, please use the Support subforum.
raevol

OpenMW cries out for its champions

Post by raevol »

Zini and jhooks1, where have you gone!?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: OpenMW cries out for its champions

Post by psi29a »

For some it is finals and for others skyrim... or they are just too "relaxed" to code on jagertee or glühwein. ;)
Zini

Post by Zini »

I am still here. But the amount of work I had to put into the mwrender task and the assistance I had to provide to various other developers has eaten up most of the time I had allocated for OpenMW for the rest of the year. There is a small chance that I can take another small task in 2011, but I wouldn't bet on it.
Basically I am waiting for people to finish up their tasks, so we can have a go at the 0.12.0 release. Doesn't look like this will happen this year though. While most of the backend work for 0.12.0 has been completed, we are still missing the very important configuration/installation improvements. Also, we don't have any user-visible features ready yet.
jhooks1

Post by jhooks1 »

Sorry man, I had a 30+ page paper to write and a presentation to give on it. I had planned to have animation done before December started but it didn't work out.
To top it off, the cpu fan died on my laptop. Now I have to fix that (don't want to burn out my cpu) or set up a dev environment on another machine.
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

Another Nick Cave fan! Cheers man! :)
Zini

Post by Zini »

jhooks1 wrote:Sorry man, I had a 30+ page paper to write and a presentation to give on it. I had planned to have animation done before December started but it didn't work out.
To top it off, the cpu fan died on my laptop. Now I have to fix that (don't want to burn out my cpu) or set up a dev environment on another machine.
Shit happens.
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Be thankful that so much has already been accomplished. Coding is hard work and time consuming.

As a matter of fact, so many opensource projects fall apart long before they reach the state that OpenMW is in, so we should thank our lucky stars that didn't happen back when the project moved out of Nicolay's hands.

Speaking of Nicolay, does anyone know what he's been up to recently?
raevol

Post by raevol »

I'm definitely grateful for everything. :) I just miss you guys! I was feeling lonely!
Draygera

Post by Draygera »

I'm still a beginning programmer, but I would love to find out if I could be of any help to this project. The Elder Scrolls games are some of my favorites.

--Brandon "Draygera" *%$#%$#(