OpenMW 0.21.0

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
WeirdSexy

Re: OpenMW 0.21.0

Post by WeirdSexy »

I am around for a video. I'll try to post a script draft soon.

In the meantime, I have a youtube question:
Will the engine use DirectSound3D? I'd still like to utilize my SB X-Fi soundcard.
I'm not sure what exactly to tell him other than "no".

First of all, to my knowledge, DirectSound3D no longer exists.

We use OpenAL (and Audiere?) for audio systems? By saying "still utilize", did vanilla Morrowind have hardware sound that took advantage of X-Fi chips? If we wanted OpenMW to "utilize" his X-Fi, would someone have to create additional sound assets or write additional effects code that didn't exist in the first place? I am rather ignorant on this subject.
Chris

Post by Chris »

WeirdSexy wrote:First of all, to my knowledge, DirectSound3D no longer exists.

We use OpenAL (and Audiere?) for audio systems? By saying "still utilize", did vanilla Morrowind have hardware sound that took advantage of X-Fi chips? If we wanted OpenMW to "utilize" his X-Fi, would someone have to create additional sound assets or write additional effects code that didn't exist in the first place? I am rather ignorant on this subject.
We use OpenAL, yes. If he has hardware OpenAL drivers installed for his X-Fi card, it will do hardware sound (or should, as long as it opens the hardware device as default).

Vanilla Morrowind could do hardware sound through DirectSound3D. DSound3D was officially removed with Windows Vista (along with hardware sound in general), however Creative provides an ALchemy utility that re-enables DSound3D and other hardware DSound features by piping it through its hardware OpenAL drivers, for some games anyway.
raevol

Post by raevol »

BrotherBrick wrote:I hate weekend deadlines... I have a rule for my company: No releases on Friday, no exceptions, die in a fire.
You're an amazing person. :)

I'll get a changelog draft up soon. For my reference:
edit: NOPE
Last edited by raevol on 05 Feb 2013, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.
Zini

Post by Zini »

Please make sure to use the changelog from the readme file instead. There are things in your list that should not be included. Also, there just was another update (two more bug fixes).
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

We waiting for anything before we start RC process?
Zini

Post by Zini »

We still don't have a working OS x build.
raevol

Post by raevol »

Zini wrote:Please make sure to use the changelog from the readme file instead. There are things in your list that should not be included. Also, there just was another update (two more bug fixes).
Oh, ok. Then for my reference:
Bug #253: Dialogs don't work for Russian version of Morrowind
Bug #267: Activating creatures without dialogue can still activate the dialogue GUI
Bug #354: True flickering lights
Bug #386: The main menu's first entry is wrong (in french)
Bug #479: Adding the spell "Ash Woe Blight" to the player causes strange attribute oscillations
Bug #495: Activation Range
Bug #497: Failed Disposition check doesn't stop a dialogue entry from being returned
Bug #498: Failing a disposition check shouldn't eliminate topics from the the list of those available
Bug #500: Disposition for most NPCs is 0/100
Bug #501: Getdisposition command wrongly returns base disposition
Bug #506: Journal UI doesn't update anymore
Bug #507: EnableRestMenu is not a valid command - change it to EnableRest
Bug #508: Crash in Ald Daedroth Shrine
Bug #517: Wrong price calculation when untrading an item
Bug #521: MWGui::InventoryWindow creates a duplicate player actor at the origin
Bug #524: Beast races are able to wear shoes
Bug #527: Background music fails to play
Bug #533: The arch at Gnisis entrance is not displayed
Bug #534: Terrain gets its correct shape only some time after the cell is loaded
Bug #536: The same entry can be added multiple times to the journal
Bug #539: Race selection is broken
Bug #544: Terrain normal map corrupt when the map is rendered
Feature #39: Video Playback
Feature #151: ^-escape sequences in text output
Feature #392: Add AI related script functions
Feature #456: Determine required ini fallback values and adjust the ini importer accordingly
Feature #460: Experimental DirArchives improvements
Feature #540: Execute scripts of objects in containers/inventories in active cells
Task #401: Review GMST fixing
Task #453: Unify case smashing/folding
Task #512: Rewrite utf8 component
Zini

Post by Zini »

Yeah, that is better.
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

<Bug #354>True flickering lights
I’ll mention this because it’s a visible change (which we are short on)

<Feature #39>Video Playback
Allows use to view all in-game cutscenes? What about the splash animations and video that loads behind the main menu when you start-up original Morrowind?

What else should I mention directly? I mean aside from “numerous other bug fixes and engine improvements that make this release more stable, faster, and playable”.

Anything not mentioned on the roadmap?
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Post by psi29a »

It should be mentioned, in video and press release, that we no longer require nvidia-cg-toolkit and that OpenMW is back to be a multi-platform project. So FreeBSD (and others), start your engines! :)

(We made enough stink about it going in, but we have not said anything when we switched to Shiny.)