Icons

Involved development of the OpenMW construction set.
craziwolf

Re: Icons

Post by craziwolf »

pvdk wrote:I made a mockup for an editor icon, based on the current Moon and Star logo we use, but with a cog instead of a star. Might serve as inspiration for someone who can create proper icons:
Here is a simple mockup based on your mockup :)

hircine

Post by hircine »

craziwolf wrote:
pvdk wrote:I made a mockup for an editor icon, based on the current Moon and Star logo we use, but with a cog instead of a star. Might serve as inspiration for someone who can create proper icons:
Here is a simple mockup based on your mockup :)

I love it! :D

EDIT: ITS AN AUSSIE! YAY I'M NOT HOPELESSLY ALONE :P
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

craziwolf wrote:Here is a simple mockup based on your mockup :)

That looks really nice Craziwolf!
Osidian

Post by Osidian »

Wouldn't it be better if the icon for the OpenCS kept the same style as the main OpenMW one?
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

Osidian wrote:Wouldn't it be better if the icon for the OpenCS kept the same style as the main OpenMW one?
I do agree with this, it sure as hell looks great, but the two styles are so different it's not a great idea to use them next eachother.
It's all about changing one of them. I suggest Craziwolf (if you got the time :) ) to make the OpenMW icon in the same style as the editor's, and then let democracy decide.
Nomadic1

Post by Nomadic1 »

That icon looks good :) But as an icon I think it may not have enough contrast for the actual logo part of it, and too much contrast for the less important border.
Apel

Post by Apel »

I've been working today on a fone for icons. I've add fast processed layer above, to show example of logo. Because i've made a fone, now I can try to make some cool icons for CS.
Attachments
fone.jpg
Icon_128.jpg
Icon_128.jpg (42.16 KiB) Viewed 4925 times
icon_one.jpg
Zedd

Post by Zedd »

Hehe, another graphical artist? Where do they all come from :)?

@Apel, I suggest doing an introduction of yourself in the non-coding jobs topic in the join the team board and clearify on what level you wanna help on this project, although it seems clear.
Osidian

Post by Osidian »

I would avoid the square shaped icons since those don't look good on all operating systems...

I really like the current OpenMW logo. For the editor, I would just change the star for a cog and -maybe- give it a different color (silver?) to make it more distinctive from the game itself.
HiPhish

Post by HiPhish »

Zedd wrote:Hehe, another graphical artist? Where do they all come from :)?
Australia, apparently :D