Logo and designs

Anything related to PR, release planning and any other non-technical idea how to move the project forward should be discussed here.
craziwolf

Re: Logo and designs

Post by craziwolf »

Ok so I have made some changes to the design!

**Change Notes**
*The Daedric letters at the top now read Oht (O) Meht (M) Web (W) (OMW sugested by HiPhish)

*The OpenMW is now cased correctly according to the main banner image.

*The triangle now has the moon and star symbol replacing the dragon as the moon and star symbol is used on the wiki & Favicon etc

* The slogan has been changed to "the open engine for open worlds" due to the dislike of The new engine but still needing the atheistic appeal of text in that place.

*Over all minor grungy updates removing clean edges.

***PLEASE NOTE***
The Daedric letters on the left, right and bottom are still gibberish at this point mainly due to the fact the the edit file is over 400MB and my puny laptop was having a heart attack! I may fix this in future on my main machine.

If it pleases the court! I have also exported a portable network graphic (.png) of just the text with the lines allowing it to be used just about anywhere. resizing however may be necessary!

And that's about it :) more feedback is appreciated! that way I can make it even better :lol:
Lazaroth

Post by Lazaroth »

I was short earlier; just so there is no confusion, I like it... :)

Several of the edges looks instead of jagged/torn/rough just as if it was without anti-aliasing. Especially the triangle and the moon and star.
craziwolf

Post by craziwolf »

Several of the edges looks instead of jagged/torn/rough just as if it was without anti-aliasing. Especially the triangle and the moon and star.
Haha! that they do! that was my shortcut method of getting the effect, I will address the jagged / tear appearance in the next update :)
raevol

Post by raevol »

Ok, normally I try to abstain from tiny nitpicks because I think they're super annoying, but this is getting so awesome I do want to chip in a little.

I'd be curious to see what it looks like without the black edge on the moon and star, and also with "The open engine..." decapitalized to "the open engine". Either or both change may be worse rather than better, but I'd still be curious to see it. :)
WeirdSexy

Post by WeirdSexy »

I'm hesitant to nitpick as well, but I think "The open engine..." and "OpenMW" are too low-set. See what it looks like moving the text up a bit higher. Don't be afraid to have the text sit on top of the Moon & Star. Great work!
Tarius

Post by Tarius »

A bevel needs to be added to the edge of those letters. As of now they look too flat.
craziwolf

Post by craziwolf »

Ok I'll make some of the suggested changes tonight once I finish at my casual job "coffee bitch"

As for the bevel I will see what I can do. I don't use photoshop so I don't have a specific bevel tool but I'm sure I can fake a bevel ;)
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

I don't know where the "The Open Engine" stuff came from, but I think it would be better to stick with just OpenMW. We don't have a tag line or a motto; it's just "OpenMW".
craziwolf

Post by craziwolf »

the only thing that would bother me about that would be not having something small at the top, in my eyes it just wildest look right lol
Greendogo

Post by Greendogo »

Still, we don't have a motto so could you try it without anything above the name? You could change the proportions of the name if you need to fill the space above it.

I think it looks great, by the way, and I think the daedric OMW symbols are clever.