Vis Studio 2008 Compilation Issues

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
UraniumSlug

Re: Vis Studio 2008 Compilation Issues

Post by UraniumSlug »

Zini wrote: Actually it looks like your compiler somehow doesn't see the content of the libs/plattform headers. Which is puzzling. There is no error message in your log about missing headers, so I assume the include does not fail.
Definitely not getting any include issues, which is what threw me off!
Zini wrote: So the first thing to check should be the value of _MSC_VER on your compiler.
MSVC++ 9.0 _MSC_VER = 1500 (Visual Studio 2008)
Ace (SWE) wrote: I'll be happy to upload a picture or pastebin of my CMake if that'll help?
I'm sure if MyGUI isn't being setup correctly at the moment in CMake then I'm bound to have problems later on after the libs/platform compile issue is solved! A picture what be very helpful Ace.
Zini

Post by Zini »

1500. That means the boost typedefs are used. That they are not being found indicates a possible problem with your boost installation, though it is still very strange.
Ace (SWE)

Post by Ace (SWE) »

Unfortunately all my CMake variables won't fit in one screen but here's most of them.

Also, if it helps, MYGUI_STATIC is not checked and the output window contains:

Code: Select all

OpenMW pre-built binaries not found.  Using standard locations.
Looking for OGRE...
Found Ogre Byatis (1.8.0)
Found OGRE: optimized;B:/Programming/Projects/Ogre/Build/lib/OgreMain.lib;debug;B:/Programming/Projects/Ogre/Build/lib/OgreMain_d.lib
Looking for OGRE_Paging...
Found OGRE_Paging: optimized;B:/Programming/Projects/Ogre/Build/lib/OgrePaging.lib;debug;B:/Programming/Projects/Ogre/Build/lib/OgrePaging_d.lib
Looking for OGRE_Terrain...
Found OGRE_Terrain: optimized;B:/Programming/Projects/Ogre/Build/lib/OgreTerrain.lib;debug;B:/Programming/Projects/Ogre/Build/lib/OgreTerrain_d.lib
Looking for OGRE_Property...
Found OGRE_Property: optimized;B:/Programming/Projects/Ogre/Build/lib/OgreProperty.lib;debug;B:/Programming/Projects/Ogre/Build/lib/OgreProperty_d.lib
Looking for OGRE_RTShaderSystem...
Found OGRE_RTShaderSystem: optimized;B:/Programming/Projects/Ogre/Build/lib/OgreRTShaderSystem.lib;debug;B:/Programming/Projects/Ogre/Build/lib/OgreRTShaderSystem_d.lib
Looking for MyGUI
Looking for MYGUI...
Using MyGUI in MyGUI SDK
optimized;B:/Programming/Libraries/MyGUI/Build/lib/Release/MyGUIEngine.lib;debug;B:/Programming/Libraries/MyGUI/Build/lib/Debug/MyGUIEngine_d.lib
optimized;B:/Programming/Libraries/MyGUI/Build/lib/Release/MyGUI.OgrePlatform.lib;debug;B:/Programming/Libraries/MyGUI/Build/lib/Debug/MyGUI.OgrePlatform_d.lib
 libraries : optimized;B:/Programming/Libraries/MyGUI/Build/lib/Release/MyGUIEngine.lib;debug;B:/Programming/Libraries/MyGUI/Build/lib/Debug/MyGUIEngine_d.lib from B:/Programming/Libraries/MyGUI/lib;B:/Programming/Libraries/MyGUI/*/lib
 includes : B:/Programming/Libraries/MyGUI/MyGUIEngine/include
Looking for OIS...
Found OIS: optimized;B:/Programming/Libraries/ois-v1-3/lib/OIS_static.lib;debug;B:/Programming/Libraries/ois-v1-3/lib/OIS_static_d.lib
Configuring done
Generating done
UraniumSlug

Post by UraniumSlug »

Zini wrote:1500. That means the boost typedefs are used. That they are not being found indicates a possible problem with your boost installation, though it is still very strange.
Visual Assist is picking up the typdefs without issue for what it's worth. I've posted on Sourceforge to see if any one has encountered anything similar.
UraniumSlug

Post by UraniumSlug »

Can't find any thing on the matter, I'm installing Vis Studio 2010 to see if it makes a difference.
UraniumSlug

Post by UraniumSlug »

For anyone still following this, it seems like it's a bug with CMake. It's just totally incapable of finding the Boost directory correctly. Now that I'm building for Visual Studio 2010, this has been made evident (it wasn't on 2008 for some reason) I updated CMake GUI to the latest version and now Boost_DIR actually shows up which it wasn't doing before!

I'm looking in to FindBoost.cmake and turning on debugging to see if I can pin point a particular reason. Pity it's taking so long to get up and running!
Zini

Post by Zini »

This is rather strange, because as far as I know our other Windows developers don't have the same problem. More importantly, the only thing the find script is supposed to do is to set the boost related cmake variables. You should be able to bypass the script by setting them manually.