Now, based on the Development Environment Setup wiki, I have the correct tools, now I just need to assemble the correct libraries. Is there a simple way to obtain all of these, or do I need to track them all down myself?
1) OGRE v1.8rc1 SDK. Finally tracked this down, through the bottom of the Ogre downloads page under All Releases.
2) Found the Boost files, Freetype2, and OpenAL; or at least I think I have.
3) OIS. No link (wait, it was up top, not in the Windows section), but Google turns up Object Oriented Input System, which sounds plausible and there is only the one dowload..
4) Audiere. Which version? 1.9.4 appears to be the latest.
5) Qt. Again, which version? Qt libraries 4.8.2 for Windows (minGW 4.4, 318 MB), Qt libraries 4.8.2 for Windows (VS 2008, 234 MB), Qt libraries 4.8.2 for Windows (VS 2010, 234 MB) or something different/older?
6) GNU C compiler Library. What file, exactly, do I need from there? Something from gcc-4.7.0/?
7) libsndfile. I am assuming the Win32 installer, or should I go with the Win64 installer since I am on 64 bit Windows 7?
8) Bullet 2.80 is mentioned, but doesn't appear in the Windows section. I assume I need it too, but which file?
Then I have to figure out GIT to download the source code.
And then once I have all of that, garvek suggested this in another thread:
Where do I get this setup-env.bat?run a setup_env.bat which contains your environment variables (think it as a .bashrc). Run cmake from here.
- double click on the generated project to launch MSVC.
- click on "build".
- copy EXE, DLLs and config files at same place ==> this part is the only annoying one, to be honest. But cmake install can also solve it.