Issues With Delta Plugin

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
moyojimbo

Issues With Delta Plugin

Post by moyojimbo »

Hey friends,

I have been at this for couple hours and am very frustrated. I installed the delta-plugin once (it worked fine) but then I deleted some mods and now I'm trying to create a new one. I keep getting an error that says:

Unexpected token 'merge' in expression or statement. Can you help me find my error in the command?

Here is the command line I'm using. :

"C:\Games\OpenMWMods\Tools\Delta Plugin\delta_plugin.exe" merge "C:\Games\OpenMWMods\Tools\DeltaPlugin\delta-merged.omwaddon"
Screenshot 2022-01-14 155726.jpg
AnyOldName3

Re: Issues With Delta Plugin

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Unlike shells like Bash, PowerShell makes a distinction between commands and strings. By quoting the path to the program, you've made it explicitly a string rather than something which gets decided based on context. It's not expecting merge to come straight after a string, so tells you there's an unexpected token.

You'll want to use the Call operator & to tell PowerShell to treat the string as a command, so instead of

Code: Select all

"C:\Games\OpenMWMods\Tools\Delta Plugin\delta_plugin.exe" merge "C:\Games\OpenMWMods\Tools\DeltaPlugin\delta-merged.omwaddon"
run

Code: Select all

& "C:\Games\OpenMWMods\Tools\Delta Plugin\delta_plugin.exe" merge "C:\Games\OpenMWMods\Tools\DeltaPlugin\delta-merged.omwaddon"
moyojimbo

Re: Issues With Delta Plugin

Post by moyojimbo »

Thank you very much that fixed the problem!