Lag at dawn/Distant structures missing architecture/Broken quest

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
caiuscosadesonlyfans

Lag at dawn/Distant structures missing architecture/Broken quest

Post by caiuscosadesonlyfans »

Sorry, this one is a three-parter. Playing version 0.47

1. Every in-game day at 5am until the sun is risen the framerate dives, it seems to also happen around 7pm but less consistently and maybe unrelated. Is this to do with shadow settings or something else?

2. Lots of distant buildings are missing large parts of their structure when looking from far away. It seems to be particularly bad with legion forts.
https://i.imgur.com/8dEyhTg.png
My distant land settings are 9 cells and object paging min size of 0.023, I got those numbers from the OpenMW modding guide site but looking at the documentation it might be better to change min size to 0.01 so more objects are shown, is that the culprit?

Yeah, it was. Sorry.

3. When doing the "Divided by Nix Hounds" quest after bringing Drerel to his wife he stopped following me but didn't give me the dialogue that completes the quest. I reloaded the save and was able to complete it, but why did it break in the first place and does it not indicate that other quests might break in similar ways?

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2060 Super

Mods:
Patch for Purists
UMOPP
Glow in the Dahrk
Morrowind Enhanced Textures
Familiar Faces
Project Atlas
Containers Animated
Weapon Sheathing
akortunov

Re: Lag at dawn/Distant structures missing architecture/Broken quest

Post by akortunov »

caiuscosadesonlyfans wrote: 23 Dec 2021, 21:13 Is this to do with shadow settings
Yes. Unfortunately, you can only limit shadows rendering distance or disable object shadows completely to mitigate this issue.
AnyOldName3

Re: Lag at dawn/Distant structures missing architecture/Broken quest

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Or go indoors at dawn and dusk.