symbol lookup error

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
mastablasta

symbol lookup error

Post by mastablasta »

i am on ubuntu 18.04 (still) and i installed openMW through PPA. it is still at version 0.46. i played through main campaigns, and then i stopped for a while. in the mean time i first changed the CPU (upgraded the kernel to HWE) and later got a new GPU (upgraded drivers). when i tried to play the game recently to show the difference to my kid between Morrowind and Oblivion it would not start. i received the following error:

Code: Select all

./openmw: symbol lookup error: ./openmw: undefined symbol: _ZN5MyGUI6Widget13_getItemIndexEPS0_
i am not sure what that means. i do know that PPA is supposed to resolve any dependency issues, right?

do i need to install a later (dev) version of the game for it to work again? upgrade the OS?
akortunov

Re: symbol lookup error

Post by akortunov »

From what I can tell, your MyGUI library version differs from one which your OpenMW package expects to get (probably because MyGUI was installed from system repos, not from OpenMW's PPA).
psi29a
Gitlab profile: https://gitlab.com/psi29a/

Re: symbol lookup error

Post by psi29a »

0.47 hasn't been released yet for 18.04; it's being a PITA but we'll get there eventually. I'll look into it in the coming days.