AddTopic does nothing

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
kenny26

AddTopic does nothing

Post by kenny26 »

I'm doing the Imperial Legion quest Widow Vabdas' Deed: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Widow_Vabdas%27_Deed

Darius tells me I should talk to the widow about the topic "land deed" and I see it highlighted when he mentions it. I have the topic listed in my journal. When I try talking to Vabdas, the topic does not appear and most confusingly, the console command to add the topic looks like it goes through, but I check and there is nothing new in the dialogue window.

I'm able to use the console command to manually update my journal:

Journal, "IL_WidowLand", 30

Still, it is extremely confusing that this one NPC is impervious to console commands. I have been using them routinely since Morrowind is riddled with bugged quests and by now I know most of them by heart and the wiki is my best resource for giving me the commands needed to forcibly progress things as they should.

Does anyone have any idea how it is even possible for the AddTopic console command to fail the way it does?
LoneWolf

Re: AddTopic does nothing

Post by LoneWolf »

addtopic doesn't fail, but there may be conditions that are not satisifed or triggered in wrong order causing the topic not to show up.

Did widow vabdas have an eggmine topic before you tried to add the topic 'land deed' ?
what was the staus of the quest ?

Code: Select all

GetJournalIndex "IL_WidowLand"

I've had similar experiences with twin lamps and two pax redoran quests (one of which was prevented by a condition change in the last update of lgnpc )
kenny26

Re: AddTopic does nothing

Post by kenny26 »

I'm just an idiot. This entire time I'm been talking to Shullay Vabdas, not Widow Vabdas. She does indeed have the land deed topic.

Now that you mention the Twin Lamps topic though, I have had issues getting that one working no matter how many slaves I've freed.