I can't get openMW to compile from the AUR

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
BooficusIIIrd

Re: I can't get openMW to compile from the AUR

Post by BooficusIIIrd »

No problem about the distro confusion.
thanks that is indeed promising, however I don't know where to get the unshield-git "stable release? can't find it on AUR, Pacman or github... Should I be looking somewhere else? sorry if this is a bit of noob question, but I am indeed a noob, 8-)
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

Normally I'd tell you to install asp[1] and execute asp export unshield , but that's an archlinux specific tool and I have no idea if artix packages it.

The simplest way I found is to directly download the raw file using wget or some other downloader.
Create a folder unshield, cd into it and execute

Code: Select all

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/archlinux/svntogit-community/packages/unshield/trunk/PKGBUILD

After building and installing unshield you can try building openmw again.

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Arch_B ... _using_Git
BooficusIIIrd

Post by BooficusIIIrd »

hi I'm back,
sorry for the delay. so I am going to try the asp method you suggested again soon, but I tried the wget command and it seemed to work but I'm still getting an error when i try install open mw after,
Spoiler: Show
me tring openmw again:
Spoiler: Show
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

you build unshield stable but didn't install it .

Use pacman -U unshield-1.5.1-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst in the directory you build it.
(the command requires root rights, you may want to use sudo. the package name is from my system and may be slighlty different on yours)

Then try again to build openmw-git and make sure you order yay to do a cleanbuild for everything to prevent leftovers from earlier builds messing things up.
BooficusIIIrd

Post by BooficusIIIrd »

It Worked!

:D 8-)

cleanbuilding with the last command you sent worked thanks a lot.