Audio Device problem on 0.47 via TV HDMI

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
capkyle

Audio Device problem on 0.47 via TV HDMI

Post by capkyle »

Hi all.

I’ve been playing Morrowind with OpenMW for over 26 hours now and with 0 mods.

I've been using 0.46 but the FPS is so choppy on my laptop in parts. It can run it as old Mw with no issues and again I’m not using any mods it's just OpenMW only.

I did hear that 0.47 is good and I did install it and try playing with it but the sound just never came out from the TV and I spent over an hour trying different things to get it working and the log would just say it cant find the TV driver and and will use the default laptop (even though I’ve set up the TV as default).

Is there any fixes for this as I really want to use 0.47 but I’d rather sound from TV and low FPS than good FPS and laptop speakers.

The laptop is a Toshiba using windows 10.

Intel 15-6200, Ram is 16gb, Nvidia GeForce 930M (this is why I'm playing as vanilla as possible).

DXdiag info - https://imgur.com/a/uML5JuT

The only thing I really changed in the launcher settings was downscaling the shadows, turning all shadows on and having the time of play show.

When I had 0.47 I tried with the new audio part to use default, which didn’t work then I even made the sound always use the TV, that is when it would still use the laptop sound and the log in the mygames files would say something along the lines of Failed to open Audio Device SonyTV… switching to default. Even though the TV was set on the laptop as default sound device. This doesn't happen at all with 0.46 only 0.47.