having trouble with 0.47 rc7

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
Kharoes

having trouble with 0.47 rc7

Post by Kharoes »

I got the rc7 last night and turn on distant terrain and other things in the advance tab. When I went into the game through the test tab none of changes i made were present. when I went back to the advance tab all my changes went back to default. Is there something wrong with my version, or I'm being an idiot and not saving my setting changes and if so how do you do that.
AnyOldName3

Re: having trouble with 0.47 rc7

Post by AnyOldName3 »

Did you perhaps have the engine open at the same time, or the config files open in an editor that you accidentally saved over with? The launcher should save when you close it, but if anything else has the same files open, you can't trust that to work.
Kharoes

Post by Kharoes »

I fixed it, but I have know idea how. What I mostly did was that I went to the setting.cfg and start to do what was on the setting tweaks on the modding openmw website. I change one or two things that way before I checked the advance tab again. I randomly choose a location in the test location and instead of vivec(before that it kept taking me to vivec). the problem is now fix, but I no idea what cause it.
Kharoes

Post by Kharoes »

To be clear, I got the rc 7 a couple nights ago and installed it. I ran openmw a minute or two after installing it. I notice the problem after a couple minutes of tweaking the settings. I shut down my computer for the night and ran the openmw the next day still got the same problem until I edit the settings.cfg like I said before. I don't think I did anything You said that might cause the problem. If this problem the bug team is looking for I might help.