Getting Stalked By Some Ordinators

Support for running, installing or compiling OpenMW

Before you submit a bug report for the first time, please read: Bug reporting guidelines
SaiyanBroly

Getting Stalked By Some Ordinators

Post by SaiyanBroly »

Is it true that OpenMW takes care of the bug where the whole Ordinator faction turns hostile against you if you talk to one Ordinator while wearing Indoril armor?

I'm trying to narrow down the possible causes of some Vivec Ordinators attacking me on sight all of a sudden while others leave me alone after i did just that (i needed to provoke the Ordinator guard into fighting me so i could kill him and rob the Telvanni Vault without witnesses).

The strange thing is that it's mostly Ordinators in exteriors who harass me, the ones inside leave me alone.

Thinking that i had turned them hostile by wearing Indoril armor i tried some console commands found on Reddit:

Set Wearingordinatoruni to 0

"Ordinator Stationary"->StopCombat Player

"Ordinator Stationary"->setfight 10

"Ordinator Wander"->StopCombat Player

"Ordinator Wander"->setfight 10

hoping it would get me out of this mess but i'm getting error messages in the console as soon as i activate the StopCombat command and those guards still want to bash my face in, lol.

If someone can confirm that this bug is no longer present in Morrowind OpenMW, i can scratch it from my list and look elsewhere for possible causes.

(or just kill the ones that attack me so i can wander Vivec City in peace)

*Edit* Seems like a false alarm. It was just one guard who wouldn't leave me alone so i killed him and i haven't had further hostile encounters in Vivec City.
Calibration

Re: Getting Stalked By Some Ordinators

Post by Calibration »

I have seen a similar behaviour, although not with an Ordinator in Vivec, but with the odd guard here and there. It only started when I began using the Beautiful Cities of Morrowind mod and seemed to have something to do with the mod load order relative to other mods because changing things around a bit seemed to modify the behaviour. I never tracked down the root cause however. On odd thing was that every guard that attacked me always summoned a wolf companion at the same time!